Iran

Disagree, its not a 'Middle East' State.

They are not ethnically arabs, they are very proudly Ayrian and have a history dating back 3,000 years unlike the Arabs who were all herding goats in non existent states 100 years ago.

The population is highly educated, hard working and innately western in its outlook.
The current regime is very much an aberration, it was until we messed with it in the 50's a functioning democracy.

In many ways, they are like the Jews, an inherently civilised people living on the edge of a savage region with equally long histories
Is that why they've killed so many of their own people for being different? Is that why they sent kids on human wave assaults?

What is Iran’s end game in This?
Why now to deliberately twist the Americans tail?
The end game for Iran is
1) Nuclear capability.

2) As per clear cut instructions from Allah, that Islam rules the world, and the Mullahs leading Iran consider that a Holy mission.

They are twisting the US tail because the US is denying them the money and means for the Nuclear capability, and Iran want the US to retaliate in such a way that the ‘World' will condemn the US and side with Iran.
ie the US choke hold on Iran is taking effect but Iran is refusing to let go what they think are holy dictates from Allah. They fight with proxies, deniable acts of terror, and asymmetric warfare because they cannot match the US militarily in a straight war.

As a final though, If people want to talk about an ‘End game’, allowing a nation with the lack of respect for basic human rights that Iran displays, it’s fondness for terror tactics, and it’s tolerance for suicide attacks, allowing it to have nuclear weapons will see the 'WORLD END GAME' sooner than if they did not possess that ability.

Last edited:
Not only that but as soon as Iran demonstrate a capability then the Saudis will follow soon after and I think I'm more afraid of the latter than the former.

Not only that but as soon as Iran demonstrate a capability then the Saudis will follow soon after and I think I'm more afraid of the latter than the former.
Yes Iran acquiring nukes will just pop off an arms race with countries that don’t need them. But hey Europe is quite a bit closer than the Great Satan and just as convenient to hit!

Yes Iran acquiring nukes will just pop off an arms race with countries that don’t need them. But hey Europe is quite a bit closer than the Great Satan and just as convenient to hit!
I don't want Iran to have nukes, but going by your logic, we (the U.S.) don't really need nukes these days...

First time poster but been a lurker for a while...
I do feel like the web of lies the Iranians are telling is starting to become undone. As a couple of posters have stated earlier in the thread/similar threads, you don't send a very expensive, airliner sized, non-VLO RPAS into a known threat area unless you're trying to end your career. Especially when the US has VLO RPAS and aircraft that can do the job instead.

And now the Iranians are trying to claim a USN P-8 with circa 38 POB was also in their airspace? I smell a massive amount of BS. Again, what chain of command or aircraft captain would sign off on sending/flying an aircraft that is practically a 737 airliner into known SAM WEZs? Especially as the Iranians took at shot at an MQ-9 barely a week ago.

The significant pause in any military retaliation has served to at least de-bunk the Iranian position that the US only wants war.

What it may instead indicate, is that the US economic pressure on Iran to deter its quest for nuclear weapon capability, is working, and is causing them grief.

It seems that the serious provocations Iran has recently been offering have in large part only offered the world a chance to better observe their tactics, and to see that their reputation as sh*t stirrers is well deserved.

A tightening of the economic embargo may well serve as a consequence to let them know that their recent action may not have been in their best interest, and extract from them at least the value of the drone they destroyed.

It seems that in addition to further sanctions which will be placed on Iran as a penalty for the drone shoot-down, US CyberCommand which had been raised to Combatant Command in May had prepared action against the IRG in the case of just such an Iranian action.

Trump approved the Cyber-attack which reportedly targeted Iranian Military Command and Control Systems in addition to Missile Control Systems and IRG targets.

Iranian cyber attacks have been ongoing for a while with Christopher C. Krebs, the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency reporting the recent rise in malicious cyber-activity directed at United States industries and government agencies by Iranian regime agents and proxies.

Iran has been shown that this has been noted, and now, acted upon.
US struck Iranian military computers this week

The latest US sanctions ban the leader of Iran, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, from visiting the US. The Iranians called this "outrageous and idiotic", as Khamenei really has no desire to visit the US.
www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-criticizes-new-us-sanctions-1.5188675?cmp=rss
President Hassan Rouhani went on to call the sanctions against Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei "outrageous and idiotic," especially as the 80-year-old Shia cleric has no plans to ever travel to the United States.
They also said the White House was "afflicted by mental retardation."
For his part, Iran's president described the White House as "afflicted by mental retardation."
Here's a picture from Iran apparently showing some of the wreckage of the shot down US drone.

The above may be amusing, but there's not much of significance that is actually new in the rest of the news story.

There is and has been an ongoing and accelerating ‘hidden’ war between Iran the US, and other countries which may finally have resulted in the declaration by the US that it has a Cyber Command and it will use it against enemy hacking.
Iranian Hackers Attacked U.S. Systems. Here Are 3 Steps for Countering Them.

Iran has been aggressively hacking not just the US but other countries however it doesn’t alway go their way. Recent counter attacks have been releasing the names, addresses, photos and phone numbers methods and tools of some members of the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence responsible for state-sponsored cyber attacks.

There has been speculation about who is doing it. On the surface it appears to be Iranian counter revolutionaries, but it might also be another country posing as Iranians. Known as Lab Dookhtegan (“Read My Lips”) the attacks by them appear to be an ongoing operation. Lab Dookhtegan has promised to continue dumping tools names, addresses, photos and personal information of the different Iranian hackers thought to be working with the Iranian government cyber-espionage operations.

Iranian hackers have been linked to cyber attacks and cyber-espionage campaigns not just in Iran’s neighboring countries in the Middle East, but also in Britain, Australia and the United States. So not unlikely that Britain, Australia and the U.S. are launching their own offensive strikes against Iran.
Iranian Hackers Get Hacked

Last edited:
There is and has been an ongoing and accelerating ‘hidden’ war between Iran the US, and other countries which may finally have resulted in the declaration by the US that it has a Cyber Command and it will use it against enemy hacking.
Iranian Hackers Attacked U.S. Systems. Here Are 3 Steps for Countering Them.

Iran has been aggressively hacking not just the US but other countries however it doesn’t alway go their way. Recent counter attacks have been releasing the names, addresses, photos and phone numbers methods and tools of some members of the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence responsible for state-sponsored cyber attacks.

There has been speculation about who is doing it. On the surface it appears to be Iranian counter revolutionaries, but it might also be another country posing as Iranians. Known as Lab Dookhtegan (“Read My Lips”) the attacks by them appear to be an ongoing operation. Lab Dookhtegan has promised to continue dumping tools names, addresses, photos and personal information of the different Iranian hackers thought to be working with the Iranian government cyber-espionage operations.

Iranian hackers have been linked to cyber attacks and cyber-espionage campaigns not just in Iran’s neighboring countries in the Middle East, but also in Britain, Australia and the United States. So not unlikely that Britain, Australia and the U.S. are launching their own offensive strikes against Iran.
Iranian Hackers Get Hacked

Hacking is one of the most boring stories ever - everyone does - and everyone knows - just a matter of being exposed when caught out.

Hacking is one of the most boring stories ever - everyone does - and everyone knows - just a matter of being exposed when caught out.
I would respectfully disagree. ‘Everyone' may ‘know’ that hacking goes on, but few know how much, and to the extent that it is costly and dangerous to the countries whose secrets are being infiltrated, vital information stolen, or critical infrastructure dangerously compromised. It is in fact a hidden and ongoing war going on right now in many areas of an already unstable world

Possibly however the arrival of F-22’s back in the ME might be a bit less boring for you?
While still not confirmed that the deployment of the F-22’s wasn't simply a routine rotation of US Forces to the ME, the fact that more capable tactical assets are being moved to the Gulf might indicate that the US could prove a little more militarily pro-active should Iran want to try that little game again.
A Dozen U.S. F-22 Raptor Stealth Jets Make Their Return To The Persian Gulf Region
F-22s Deploy to Qatar for the First Time Amid Iran Tensions

After all the last time Iran started messing with drones the Iranian Air Force got a sharp little prod.
U.S. F-22 stealth fighter pilot taunted Iranian F-4 Phantom combat planes over the Persian Gulf

Last edited:
I would respectfully disagree. ‘Everyone' may ‘know’ that hacking goes on, but few know how much, and to the extent that it is costly and dangerous to the countries whose secrets are being infiltrated, vital information stolen, or critical infrastructure dangerously compromised. It is in fact a hidden and ongoing war going on right now in many areas of an already unstable world

Possibly however the arrival of F-22’s back in the ME might be a bit less boring for you?
While still not confirmed that the deployment of the F-22’s wasn't simply a routine rotation of US Forces to the ME, the fact that more capable tactical assets are being moved to the Gulf might indicate that the US could prove a little more militarily pro-active should Iran want to try that little game again.
A Dozen U.S. F-22 Raptor Stealth Jets Make Their Return To The Persian Gulf Region
F-22s Deploy to Qatar for the First Time Amid Iran Tensions

After all the last time Iran started messing with drones the Iranian Air Force got a sharp little prod.
U.S. F-22 stealth fighter pilot taunted Iranian F-4 Phantom combat planes over the Persian Gulf
It really is weird seeing American planes against another American plane...