Iran WMD Anyone?

Russia appears to be actively involved with Iran's quest for WMD. Luckily the Israelis were watching.

Two Leaks and the Deepening Iran Crisis
By George Friedman | October 5, 2009

Two major leaks occurred this weekend over the Iran matter.

In the first, The New York Times published an article reporting that staff at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the U.N. nuclear oversight group, had published an unreleased report saying that Iran was much more advanced in its nuclear program than the IAEA had thought previously. According to the report, Iran now has all the data needed to design a nuclear weapon. The article added that U.S. intelligence was re-examining the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) of 2007, which had stated that Iran was not actively pursuing a nuclear weapon.

The second leak occurred in the British daily The Times, which reported that the purpose of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s highly publicized secret visit to Moscow on Sept. 7 was to provide the Russians with a list of Russian scientists and engineers working on Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

The second revelation was directly tied to the first. There were many, including STRATFOR, who felt that Iran did not have the non-nuclear disciplines needed for rapid progress toward a nuclear device. Putting the two pieces together, the presence of Russian personnel in Iran would mean that the Iranians had obtained the needed expertise from the Russians. It would also mean that the Russians were not merely a factor in whether there would be effective sanctions, but over whether and when the Iranians would obtain a nuclear weapon.

The Americans and Israelis must be looking at options, including.....

WASHINGTON, 4 Oct. 2009. U.S. Department of Defense leaders have found the money they sought to speed deployment of the 15-ton Massive Ordnance Penetrator bunker buster super bomb on the B-2 stealth bomber for potential use in heavily defended areas of the world, such as Iran and North Korea.
The Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), which can penetrate as deeply as 200 feet through reinforced concrete, is designed to destroy deeply buried bunkers in which enemy forces are conducting research into weapons of mass destruction, or for other high-threat purposes.
It is 20 feet long, weighs 30,000 pounds, and carries 6,000-pounds of high explosives. It is designed to go deeper than any existing nuclear bunker-busting weapon. The bomb is designed to burrow more than 26 feet into the ground or through concrete before detonating.

These are the same ********* that told us about Iraqs bombs
tropper66 said:
These are the same ********* that told us about Iraqs bombs
Slight difference in evidence between Iran and Iraq I would say........

Iran WMD Anyone?

I'll tell you in 15 minutes. :)
whitecity said:
Iran WMD Anyone?

I'll tell you in 15 minutes. :)
Was'nt it 45 mins :wink:

Nato can't even work together (get enough nations to pull their weight) in Afghan, Iran is a distant thought, how much diplomacy will it take before we 'do' see some proper action?

Oh I think Vlad may well be taking a lesson from Beijing.
Steve Clemons:

A few years ago, I was in Beijing and visited the director of policy planning at China’s ministry of foreign affairs and I said, what are you working on? And he says, how to keep you Americans distracted in small Middle Eastern countries. (Laughter.)
Oh dear, look what we've mislaid, how careless.

All those shot down, IAF F-16s, yes what a shame. We never wanted that nice Mr Obama to be drawn into a land war in Persia, oh no not us.

This has nothing to do with rival pipelines.

Working rather well. Celebratory Vodka anyone?