Iran to Manufacture New Generations of Fighter Jets

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by MOD_ RSS, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .
  2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

If this is for real, and god I hope it is, the posts from this RSS feed could provide some of the finest ARRSE threads we have seen.

I suspect they will be more punchy and exciting that the MOD RSS feed.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Love the article in the Defence section on Iranian warships off Syria to protect from the US. Cos your one Corvette and Supply ship will defiantly make the 6th Fleet think twice.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Somehow I doubt that a country that still hasn't mastered nuclear weapons nearly 70 years after the west cracked it will produce anything too imPressive
  5. This sort of RSS feed is the meat and (two) veg of these esteemed fora. New generation fighter (read set of alloys, spoiler,and go faster stripes).

Love it, Let's have more.
  6. :? I'm not sure what you mean by this. Did the Iranians sail their patrol boat & river ferry to a port in Syria to avoid them getting sunk by the USN or did they do that to threaten the USN with some unspecified action? I can't say that we're terribly worried about it either way.

Bock's Car B-29 Resize.jpg
  7. The Iranians are always announcing new types military tech most of it is slightly bonkers Heath Robinson stuff.
  8. So they buy from BAe too?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Love it, about time we got some truth, sick of that shitty MOD RSS propaganda bollocks!
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Old Ahmadinner Plate might be a loon but he's not that mad.

They still fly the F 14 considering they have had it for 20+ years and still can't manufacture spare parts for it and are relying on canabilising airframes to keep them flying it won't be much of a suprise if they turn out an uprated Gloucester Meteor
  11. Bloody hell,
    Some of those articles from their foreign policy are mental.
    I didn't realise Oman offered to mediate between the US and Iran, nor that Iran rejected the offer.
    They talk like a bunch of fairies too "Diplomat Warns of Iran's Crushing Response to Israel's Slightest Hostile Move "
    "Iran is not a nation to sit still and just observe threats from fragile materialist powers which are being eaten by worms from inside"
    ""Anyone who harbors any thought of invading the Islamic Republic of Iran - or even if the thought crosses their mind - should be prepared to receive strong blows and the steel fists of the military"
    ""Iran will respond with full force to any aggression or even threats in a way that will demolish the aggressors from within,""

GAY. They sound like ****ing children. "I'm Cyclops, I can shoot fire from my eyes and kill everybody!" "Well I'm wolverine, I have super strong blades in my fists and heal super quick.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Both ships made in the UK! There is a nice reference on Wiki about the one of the Alvis Class Frigates being sunk by an A-6 after it unsuccessfully tried to engage it, the A-6 and its Wingman turned around and launched some harpoons sinking it!

Dont pick a fight you cant win.
  13. Are these those new 'advanced' fighters that were out if date thirty years ago?
  14. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

... they might just be the ones that look suspiciously like a F-5 rip-offs that were demonstrated a couple of years back and apparently boasted 'stealth technology'.
  15. You may laugh, but they've already started the mass production run.....

• Like Like x 1