Iran threatens revenge against Britain over bombing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Punk_trooper, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Escalation? This is an escalation:

2. I love it when this happens. A country or organisation makes the support of terrorist organisations a specific policy goal and then cry's foul when there is a whiff of the same thing happening to them. As I believe was said when the IRA started complaining about the use of the SAS in Northern Ireland: 'big boys' rules'.

Assuming that the accusation is true, of course.
  3. Does that mean we have to hide our I-pods and similar goodies?
  4. Anyone know what the Farsi is for "Bring it."?

The Iranian's want to attack us? Get in fcuking line, camel-shagger. :roll:
  5. Methinks the General is doing a Mugabe.
  6. More likely to be Christians In Action than Six anyway.
  7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Not news. They will do it anyway, regardless of whether or not the West orchestrated these executions. As soon as they have a viable device for a dirty bomb, its Christmas come early for Hamas or Hezbollah. Or even the Shiia's have repeatedly stated they will work with AQ if it means bringing down the 'Great Satan' and its bitch - us.
  8. And about an hour or so after a Dirty Bomb goes off in an American city, Mecca will be turned into a Glass Carpark. :evil:
  9. With our weak lefties in charge???

The government will probably make an official statement condemning them for the bombing then give them £60,000,000 to fund them buying some more.
  10. Is there any likelihood whatsoever that there is a shred of truth to this claim? I bloody well doubt it.
  11. Why - I wouldn't put it passed us. Afterall they did fund and supply the insurgency in Basrah. Not to mention kidnapping our sailors... Twice!
  12. May as well blame Brown for it. He's screwed up enough places as it is.

Or Blair. He's out that way often enough...saves them coming over here.

13. I just think that if we wanted to do this it would likely be more overt. Just my opinion BTW, I haven't a F-Kin clue TBH. It is just that suicide bombings seem a bit weird for a Brit type attack. I don't see our PM authorising it. Do you?
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

As I noted in another thread - the Iranians can make life very nasty for us in Afghanistan, if they want to. They run a large chunk of it, after all, and need only open the supply tap a little bit to give the Taliban a few more goodies.

If the talibs got hold of a couple of dozen, old even, SAMS, we ould find life in Helmand very very difficult indeed. FOBs would close, and we would be made to look weak. It would also be extremely hard to pin it on the Persians - and even if we did, no-one would do anything. We had plenty of incontrovertible, concrete proof that they were killing us in Iraq, and we did nothing. What chance now, when they are two years nearer an atomic weapon?