Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Iran Shows Footage of Indiginous Qaher F-313 'Stealth Fighter'

It's an improvement on the previously shown comedy mock-up...

F-313.jpg

...especially given the original B&Q Perspex canopy...

130204_Q-313clownfighter_.jpg

...mini ejection seat...

Q-313-4.jpg

...and a cockpit that looks like it would be more at home in a home-built...

W9kBaPh.jpg

...but not by much!

Essentially, the Qaher F-313 looks like a publicity exercise for domestic audiences. While it's capable of taxi trials, and possibly even flight, this is a long, long way from being a credible combat design!

1701259_-_main.jpg

2431555.jpg

IAIO_Qaher-313_first_prototype_taxing_test.jpg

I don't think F-22 and F-35 pilots need to lose to much sleep just yet! :)

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Looks rather odd from this angle. The very round leading edge and thick aerofoil must limit performance if it ever actually gets in the air......:roll:

f313_0_0.jpg
f313_0_0.jpg

So the rest of the world has been using ultra thin wing sections on all jet fighters since the 50's, but Iran decides to go with what looks like the type of modified Clark-Y section that I used to use on R/C training models.

That's rather quaint.

And the intakes should be blanked off nicely from all of that nasty air stuff at high angles of attack.

No canopy locks either by the look of it. Not that you'd be able to see where you were going through that piece of cräp...

It's an improvement on the previously shown comedy mock-up...

F-313.jpg

...especially given the original B&Q Perspex canopy...

130204_Q-313clownfighter_.jpg

...mini ejection seat...

Q-313-4.jpg

...and a cockpit that looks like it would be more at home in a home-built...

W9kBaPh.jpg

...but not by much!

Essentially, the Qaher F-313 looks like a publicity exercise for domestic audiences. While it's capable of taxi trials, and possibly even flight, this is a long, long way from being a credible combat design!

1701259_-_main.jpg

2431555.jpg

IAIO_Qaher-313_first_prototype_taxing_test.jpg

I don't think F-22 and F-35 pilots need to lose to much sleep just yet! :)

Regards,
MM
I know nothing of military jets but I've flown a Cessna 150 with more buttons and switches, now I don't think this thing is real.