Iran - Russia

What of Russian - Iranian relations?

A hold on European gas supplies AND an ally with nuclear weapons with a grasp of the Straits of Hormuz would mean serious trouble

Or even without a Nuclear armed Iran, just with larger Russian support ....?

thebatoneffect said:
add Syria to the equation

and some Nuclear missiles...............
And let's not forget Israel while we're at it...

Debka said:
Shortly before the Georgian conflict flared, Moscow promised Washington not to let Iran and Syria have these sophisticated pieces of hardware.

The Iskander's cruise attributes make its launch and trajectory extremely hard to detect and intercept. If this missile reaches Syria, Israel will have to revamp its anti-missile defense array and Air Force assault plans for the third time in two years, as it constitutes a threat which transcends all its defensive red lines.

Moscow's war planners know this and are therefore considering new sea and air bases in Syria as sites for the Iskander missiles. Russia would thus keep the missiles under its hand and make sure they were not transferred to Iran. At the same time, Syrian crews would be trained in their operation.

DEBKAfile's military sources report Syrian president Bashar Assad will be invited to Moscow soon to finalize these plans in detail.

Military spokesmen in Moscow said Saturday and Sunday that Russian military planners to started redesigning the nation’s strategic plans for a fitting response to America's decision to install 10 missile interceptors in Poland and the war developments in Georgia.

The chairman of the Israeli Knesset foreign affairs and defense committee, Tzahi Hanegbi, spoke out strongly Sunday, Aug. 17, against treasury plans to slash the defense budget. He warned that the military faced grave confrontations in the coming year - possibly on several fronts.
It's all gonna end it tears...

Debka eh? I found this to be more of an authority on world affairs.

With it's track record, Bush and Co is going to feck this all up for everybody.

Last time I heard, they are trying to get US troops to protect the Georgian airspace, waterways and military bases.

Talk about an escalation and me thinks it is not coming from the Ruskies.

I might sound a tad alarmist here, but I think we are seeing the build up to world war 3. I wonder what odds I could get on a world war within the next dacade.

mark1234 said:
I might sound a tad alarmist here, but I think we are seeing the build up to world war 3. I wonder what odds I could get on a world war within the next dacade.
bah waste of money if you won would you be able to collect or spend your winnings

Latest Threads