Iran president urges West to follow Gods path

#1
By Parisa Hafezi

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad urged the West to turn to God's path and said on Wednesday that failure to do so would tempt fate.

Iran is embroiled in a nuclear stand-off with the West, which accuses Tehran of seeking to build atomic bombs, a charge Tehran dismisses. Ahmadinejad says Western powers use such accusations as a ploy to hold back Iran's development.

"Those who do not respond to the invitation (to follow God's will), as we said, will have no good fate," said Ahmadinejad, who is a devout Shi'ite Muslim and only the second non-cleric to be president of the Islamic Republic.


Ahmadinejad -- whose speeches are often peppered with religious and anti-Western remarks -- rebuffed accusations that Iranian policy constitutes a threat to the United States and again challenged President Bush to a live television debate.

"We requested a face-to-face debate (with Bush) to assess the problems of the world ... We will let humanity choose between us," Ahmadinejad told a meeting on the 12th Muslim Shi'ite imam, who disappeared in the 10th century AD but who Shi'ites believe will return to implement Islamic justice.

Washington has said the call for a debate is a diversion.

But Ahmadinejad's office said in a statement that he told his cabinet he was ready to debate in the U.N. General Assembly and that Bush could bring his advisers if he wished.
http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...1_BLA631836_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAN-AHMADINEJAD.xml

Great , unless we all embrace superstition we're doomed?

I do like the last paragraph though "We say to Mr. President Bush , bring that sh*t to me hom'es" :D
 
#2
Meanwhile.......

World powers to discuss Iran's nuclear defiance

By Louis Charbonneau

BERLIN (Reuters) - Senior diplomats from six world powers meet in the German capital on Thursday to discuss what to do with Iran after it ignored a U.N. Security Council deadline to freeze its nuclear enrichment program.

The negotiators from Germany and the five permanent Security Council members -- the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China -- were expected to consider the possibility of imposing sanctions on the Islamic republic for continuing to enrich uranium past the August 31 deadline, diplomats said.

Declining to give details about the talks, the first such meeting since the deadline expired, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Daniel Fried told reporters in Berlin he had "no doubt they will be very substantive and very serious".


Diplomats from several countries to be represented at the talks told Reuters on condition of anonymity that the United States hoped to use the meeting to persuade Russia and China that it was time to increase pressure on Iran by preparing to ask the U.N. Security Council to consider sanctions.

"Washington believes it's time to consider sanctions and the EU3 (France, Britain and Germany) also see no signs that Iran is willing to stop enriching uranium. But it's going to be a hard sell for Russia and China," a European Union diplomat said.
http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...R-IRAN.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C2-TopNews-newsOne-2
 
#4
Crass - Demoncrats

I am not he, nor master, nor lord
No crown to wear, no cross to bear in stations
I am not he, nor shall be, warlord of nations
These heroes have run before me, now dead upon the flesh piles, see?
Waiting for their promised resurrection, there is none
Nothing but the marker, crown or cross
In stone upon these graves
Promise of the ribbon was all it took
Where only the strap would leave it's mark upon these slaves
What flag to thrust into this flesh, rag, bandage,
Mop in their flowing death
Taken aside, they were pointed a way, for god, queen and country
Now in silence they lie
They ran before these masters, children of sorrow
As slaves to that trilogy they had no future
They believed in democracy, freedom of speech
Yet dead on the flesh piles I hear no breath
I hear no hope, no whisper of faith
From those who have died for some others' privilege
Out from your palaces, princes and queens
Out from your churches, you clergy, you christs
I'll neither live nor die for your dreams
I'll make no subscription to your paradise

Religion is the poison strangling this planet..............
 
#5
To the fundamentalist Islamic mind, this makes perfect sense -- it is indeed phase 1 of the three phases of jihad. Bin Laden has also called upon Bush to convert to Islam.

The three phases of jihad are:

1. An invitation to join the faithful (what we have just seen)
2. If phase 1 is rejected, the "people of the book" may retain their Abrahamic religion, but must pay the punishingly heavy jizya dhimmi tax and submit to living as second-class citizens without civil rights and on the Muslim control, non "people of the book" skip straight to phase 3
3. If phase 1 and 2 have both been rejected, it is kill the infidel time (the "verse of the sword" and all of that)

it would be interesting certainly to see how Mr dinner jacket would attempt to carry out phase 2, or whether he will jump straight to phase 3 and get his bottom handed to him on a plate.
 
#6
'I say we nuke the site from orbit - its the only way to be sure...'
 
#7
Fair enough, Europe spent best the part of at least 1000 years spreading Christ's message of peace by means of sword, fire, smallpox infested blankets, bayonet and the maxim gun.

On the basis that this is approximatly the year 1500 in the Islamic calendar, it should be no surprise that some Muslims want to do to the same to us as we were doing in America and Africa in the 1500s.
 
#8
that's bery true, I have often pointed out to others that they are in medieval times, insofar as the maturation of the religion is concerned, only to be met with blank stares.
 
#10
armchair_jihad said:
'I say we nuke the site from orbit - its the only way to be sure...'
'Ok , we waste 'em.............No offence!'
 
#11
I suggest we start a sweepstake.

Whoever gets closest to the date when we (the western world) start flattening iranian nuclear facilities. (Winner takes all)

or

Whoever gets closest to the date when Iran starts flattening western cities with its nukes. (The winner would be the nearest to the date and not too crispy to claim the prize.)

Unfortunately, I don't see any other alternatives at the moment.

SC.
 
#12
SkiCarver said:
I suggest we start a sweepstake.

Whoever gets closest to the date when we (the western world) start flattening iranian nuclear facilities. (Winner takes all)

or

Whoever gets closest to the date when Iran starts flattening western cities with its nukes. (The winner would be the nearest to the date and not too crispy to claim the prize.)

Unfortunately, I don't see any other alternatives at the moment.

SC.
but given mutually assured destruction, which I hope to christ we can still do, ( ie China nota bene ) surely it will all happen within minutes, ie, it all gets flattened at the same time?
 
#13
Unfortunately, mutually assured destruction isn't going to work with a bunch that would like nothing more than to get to paradise! At least the russians didn't want to die!

SC.
 
#14
londonirish said:
but given mutually assured destruction, which I hope to christ we can still do, ( ie China nota bene ) surely it will all happen within minutes, ie, it all gets flattened at the same time?
We've got one better - Assured Destruction - against Iran. In other words, they can hit a few cities of ours but in return we can destroy all of theirs and end their civilization. Hopefully it'll work, but if not at least we can ensure they only get one attack off.

No, it isn't a very nice thought is it...
 
#15
pdf27 said:
londonirish said:
but given mutually assured destruction, which I hope to christ we can still do, ( ie China nota bene ) surely it will all happen within minutes, ie, it all gets flattened at the same time?
We've got one better - Assured Destruction - against Iran. In other words, they can hit a few cities of ours but in return we can destroy all of theirs and end their civilization. Hopefully it'll work, but if not at least we can ensure they only get one attack off.

No, it isn't a very nice thought is it...
A tad harsh...even for the Iranians.... :)
 
#16
#17
Mr_Bridger said:
pdf27 said:
londonirish said:
but given mutually assured destruction, which I hope to christ we can still do, ( ie China nota bene ) surely it will all happen within minutes, ie, it all gets flattened at the same time?
We've got one better - Assured Destruction - against Iran. In other words, they can hit a few cities of ours but in return we can destroy all of theirs and end their civilization. Hopefully it'll work, but if not at least we can ensure they only get one attack off.

No, it isn't a very nice thought is it...
A tad harsh...even for the Iranians.... :)
not at all....if they did it to us first, we would have no option but to make good our promise to fry them totally. I am sure we have no intention of a pre-emptive strike, but if they or anyone else did, we need to be strong enough to give them the good news.
 

Latest Threads

Top