Iran Placing Medium Range Missiles In Venezuela...

That would be suicide for Chavez if he ever got froggy enough to push the launch button. We would be on him "like a tramp on chips" and introduce him to the World of Pain. Unlike Cuba during the missile crisis of 1962, Chavez doesn't have a big brother backing him up. If I were him I wouldn't count on Russia or China coming to his aid no matter how many military weapons he may have bought. (They're probably the "monkey models" anyway sold for export and not the latest version.)

Even the whiff of these being emplaced there and they'll be getting a visit from a B-2 bomber

Can't see it happening. The septics invaded Iraq under the pretence of weapons of mass destruction. Hardly gonna let fatty Chavez tool up in their backyard. Besides, they've been looking for an excuse with them sat on all that oil.

The last paragraph leads me to belive it's hardly unbiased reporting either!

Nowadays, however, we do not see the same firmness from the present administration. On the contrary, we see a lax attitude, both in language and in deeds, that results in extending hands when our adversaries have no intention of shaking hands with us. Iran is soon going to have a nuclear weapon, and there are no signs that UN sanctions will in any way deter the Ayatollah's regime from completing its nuclear program. We know that Iran already has missiles that can carry an atomic warhead over Israel and over the Arabian Peninsula. Now we learn that Iran is planning to build a missile base close to the US borders. How longer do we have to wait before the Obama administration begins to understand threats?

Cuban Missile Crisis Reloaded?
Not as long as Obama doesn't try to remove Chavez or attack the country. Which is why Cuba began an nuclear weapons program. The Bay of Pigs incident and CIA terrorist operations based in Florida forced Castro to pursue a deterrent. In typical American selective history the illigal actions against Cuba pre-missile crisis aren't discussed. They're usually omitted.

Be very interesting to see how Obama deals with this. I should think diplomacy before brinkmanship. I can't see Chavez in the role of Castro.
Venezuela has less influence than Wales, while I think Obama is a tit, I suspect he will hiccup in his sleep.

This might just be what Obama needs. The opportunity to take out a missile system to show Iran & North Korea they will act.

Not as long as Obama doesn't try to remove Chavez or attack the country. Which is why Cuba began an nuclear weapons program. The Bay of Pigs incident and CIA terrorist operations based in Florida forced Castro to pursue a deterrent. In typical American selective history the illigal actions against Cuba pre-missile crisis aren't discussed. They're usually omitted.
The Cubans never had a nuclear programme, they were Soviet nukes under Soviet control at all times with Castro even trying to egg them on to launch knowing full well the immediate response would have turned Cuba to glass, which shows what a caring leader he is. Chavez is far more of a threat than Castro, with his active support (along with Equador) of FARC and constant threats of war with Colombia and his delusions of grandeur making him a potential Latino Saddam Hussain.

Be very interesting to see how Obama deals with this. I should think diplomacy before brinkmanship. I can't see Chavez in the role of Castro.

It is however even more difficult to see The Chosen One in the role of Jack Kennedy.

You mean clandestine. The CIA does not practice terrorism.
We have a World Court conviction in 1986 that proves the CIA has committed state terrorism. I refer you to Nicaragua vs. United States. And Operation Condor in the Latin American dictatorships to help prop them up.

We have a World Court conviction in 1986 that proves the CIA has committed state terrorism. I refer you to Nicaragua vs. United States. And Operation Condor in the Latin American dictatorships to help prop them up.
ZZZZZzzzzzzz Iran contra? holy shit you deep dive sometimes.

clan·des·tine
   /klænˈdɛstɪn/ Show Spelled[klan-des-tin] Show IPA
–adjective
characterized by, done in, or executed with secrecy or concealment, esp. for purposes of subversion or deception; private or surreptitious: Their clandestine meetings went undiscovered for two years.
Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com <-- Try using that sometime. It's free and will even teach you the difference between the word "Terrorism" and "Subversion" which is almost textbook for Iran - Contra.

Clandestine is broad phrasing though. US support for the Contras in terms of arms, money and training is a narrow project. And mining civilian ports as opposed to more large scale terrorism hardly qualifies for the more broad phrases available in the great English language.

Like I said, Cuba's nuclear program of obtaining WMD deterrent didn't just happen all of a sudden, but after a timeline of outright terrorist acts by the CIA illegally operating inside the US in Florida. The Bay of Pigs, we now now from the declassified record, was not a Cuban exile operation but a US supported operation implemented by Cuban exiles.

Arthur Schlesinger was once asked by The New York Times in November 1965, to explain the contradiction between his published account of the Bay of Pigs incident and the story he had given the press at the time of the attack, he simply remarked that he had lied. He also complimented the Times for also having suppressed information on the planned invasion, in "the national interest," as the term was defined by the Kennedy thugs in the White House at the time. Cuba certainly had (Russian)WMDs, but lies were still told then as well. Typical.

Kennedy thugs in the White House at the time. Cuba certainly had (Russian)WMDs, but lies were still told then as well. Typical.
As opposed to the charmers Castro surrounds himself with? At least Kennedy was elected (with a little help from his Italian-American friends depending on who you believe), I'm not aware of the last time Cuba had multi party elections if at all. The Bay of Pigs even if it involved minimal Cuban influence was an attempt to overthrow a authoritarian regime which had itself used terrorism and guerrilla warfare to topple the previous authoritarian government. You might want to ask the thousands of Cubans who risked their lives to escape to Florida whether or not they would have liked the Bay of Pigs to have succeed regardless of its legality.