Iran Placing Medium Range Missiles In Venezuela...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NaturalBornDriller, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cuban Missile Crisis Reloaded?
  2. That would be suicide for Chavez if he ever got froggy enough to push the launch button. We would be on him "like a tramp on chips" and introduce him to the World of Pain. Unlike Cuba during the missile crisis of 1962, Chavez doesn't have a big brother backing him up. If I were him I wouldn't count on Russia or China coming to his aid no matter how many military weapons he may have bought. (They're probably the "monkey models" anyway sold for export and not the latest version.)
  3. Even the whiff of these being emplaced there and they'll be getting a visit from a B-2 bomber
  4. Will the 509th get to play with some GBU-57A/B
  5. Can't see it happening. The septics invaded Iraq under the pretence of weapons of mass destruction. Hardly gonna let fatty Chavez tool up in their backyard. Besides, they've been looking for an excuse with them sat on all that oil.
  6. The last paragraph leads me to belive it's hardly unbiased reporting either!

7. Not as long as Obama doesn't try to remove Chavez or attack the country. Which is why Cuba began an nuclear weapons program. The Bay of Pigs incident and CIA terrorist operations based in Florida forced Castro to pursue a deterrent. In typical American selective history the illigal actions against Cuba pre-missile crisis aren't discussed. They're usually omitted.
  8. You mean clandestine. The CIA does not practice terrorism.
  9. Be very interesting to see how Obama deals with this. I should think diplomacy before brinkmanship. I can't see Chavez in the role of Castro.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Venezuela has less influence than Wales, while I think Obama is a tit, I suspect he will hiccup in his sleep.
  11. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Probably depends on who is crying foul though, right?
  12. This might just be what Obama needs. The opportunity to take out a missile system to show Iran & North Korea they will act.
  13. The Cubans never had a nuclear programme, they were Soviet nukes under Soviet control at all times with Castro even trying to egg them on to launch knowing full well the immediate response would have turned Cuba to glass, which shows what a caring leader he is. Chavez is far more of a threat than Castro, with his active support (along with Equador) of FARC and constant threats of war with Colombia and his delusions of grandeur making him a potential Latino Saddam Hussain.