Iran photoship missile pics

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HVM_Boy, Jul 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hahaha, quality.

2. Er.. having trouble with the attachment....

I'll try again.

Attached Files:

3. Feckin great, well it is in some ways, in other ways you have to worry a bit :oops:

4. I think the Iranian's problem is they have more missiles than launchers. That's probably the real reason for the photoshop, not lack of actual Shahab 3's.

5. and the original...

[​IMG]

6. Wouldn't it be to suggest that they have less missiles than they actually have in that they had fired more of their stock?

7. Is 'falling for it' the same as 'perpetuating the myth'? :?

8. HVM_Boy - Sky News fell for it as well!

Why doesn't somebody photoshop a massive Israeli / US response?

9. According to this article, there were less than 20 Shahab 3 launchers as of March 2006. They are specialized vehicles, so they probably don't have many more than they did two years ago.
    http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/militarysumfolder/shahab-3.html

10. Well, not me, but it would seem someone caught Bush eating an Iranian baby in response.
    The things they get up to eh? :roll:

[​IMG]

11. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

They are just covering up the one missile that didn't launch in thier 'simultaneous' launch.

I say it on the video footage and thought it odd at the time.

S_R

12. HVM_Boy,

I'm having a little difficulty understanding where you want this thread to go. Your first post has 4 missiles in flight that is claimed to be faked.

Then you show a picture claiming to be the original which has 3 missiles in flight and a fourth sitting on a launcher.

Note the alleged photoshopping is strategically placed to mask the launcher seen in the "original".

Are you trying to tell us that the Iranians are trying to cover up a failed launch?

13. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

That appears to be the case, just a borked launch that they didn't want to be shown..

14. Aha! So the story shouldn't be about how many missiles and launchers the Iranians may or may not have, but that 25% may malfunction on launch - or be slightly delayed in launch!

I'm still a little confused by HVM_boys reference to the BBC. I can only find some (moving) TV imagery that has nothing to do with that picture - faked or not!