Iran offers the US 20million barrels

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Sep 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4218986.stm

2. "We'll give you a gift, but only if you give us something in return"?

Truly "a rare gesture of good will". Thank you, BBC, for your keen display of intellectual prowess and unbiased reporting.

3. should confuse the septic public though:

"evil western hating satan offers US aid in its time of need."

be interesting to see how the shaved chimp handles this one.

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yup, skilful bit of awkward wrong footing by the madcap mullahs.......the Reuters quote in the New Orleans thread says that BP have already re-started production on rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.

We send half a million rat packs, Iran offers $1300 million in sweet crude........if only George had the balls to say YES PLEASE !

Lee Shaver

5. Isn't the problem in the States one of refining capability?

The crude would therefore be useless but it's a "good" gesture.

6. As the septics have made a play for the EU's oil reserve, what about us having the stuff from Iraq, shoving it through our refineries and
    convincing Grabbing Gordon and his buddies to drop our duty rate for a while. Does this make sense? Or am I being naive?

7. Chavez in Venezuela offered to furnish gasoline to the poor of the Gulf Coast.

Castro offered mobile field hospitals and physicians.

There is a certain shrewdness to these offers. Either acceptance or rejection can be exploited to make the administration look bad.

8. Exactly - didn't Kuwait send 500 million barrels?

It seems if you're rich, you do well. If you're relatively poor, not so well. Following the tsunami, Saudi Arabia sent £1 million. I'm guessing a bit here, but is that about 2 seconds oil production or a lot less?

9. Frenchperson wrote

Kuwait have sent 500 million barrels? 8O

So FP, with your experience of ship operations and engineering (to do the sums),

Frenchperson's CV - own hand

how many Kuwaiti chartered/owned and taken off original long range operating/upkeep cycle ULCCs/VLCCs are making their way from Kuwait to the USA with these 500 million barrels? Time to load that much crude, time to wash from the last lot, just so happened to have enough ULCCs/VLCCs in port at the time. How many?

I don't doubt Kuwait are helping out and good on them. I just don't believe that you know what you are talking about, in your last or any other post. As you've been told before, stick to what you know.

10. I think the Iranian demand for the lifting of sanctions is more a practical measure rather than the US's part of a hypothetical quid pro quo, given that with the sanctions in place, the Iranian oil probably can't be exported.

11. Come on, man. Am I allowed a typo? I meant 500 million dollars - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9187260/

...which equates to roughly I don't know. OK, you've proved your omniscience but I believe you have serious issues - you really have got too much time on your hands. You need to get out more. Are you in an old folks' home somewhere, tap-tapping away?

12. Frenchperson wrote of moi,

Hohum Frenchperson,

Who has more time on his/her hands? Compare our membership dates and numbers of posts. With your engineering experience you can do the sums.
    I don't need to research and 'Google' engineering, ship operations, Navy stuff. It's what I do.

Negative. I don't know everything Frenchperson. When it comes to b0llocks, I defer to the master (or mistress!).

13. Frenchperson, exactly how gutted are you, on a scale of 1 to 10, that Singapore selected the F15T over your crappy Rafale today?

Just wondering...