Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran military in Syria fire '20 MISSILES' at Israel targets in Golan Heights

Iran military in Syria fire '20 MISSILES' at Israel targets in Golan Heights

Iran 'fires 20 rockets' at Israel army in occupied Golan Heights

Syria says intercepted rockets launched by Israel; Iranian force launches missiles at Golan

Several shells have reportedly hit the Syrian Governorate of Quneitra, launched from the Israeli-occupied portion of the Golan Heights.

Syria’s defence system has engaged with several targets over Damascus and early reports suggest they are cruise missiles.

Syrian expert Danny Makki said: “Syrian Air Defences firing at rockets over South West Damascus.”

The shells were fired from the Israeli-controlled area towards the city of Baath in northern Queneitra, according to Syria’s state SANA news agency.

There were reports that the Assad regime are actively firing upon a second wave of Israeli missiles over Syria south of Damascus in Al Kiswah after the first round.

We will see if this is an Escalation

We will see if this is an Escalation
Doubtless there will be a proportionate response.

1:100 is a proportion.

Various links have been given in the Syria thread. I suspect it may be a little while before the cause of the ructions is settled on.

Last edited:
Its almost as if certain recent events WRT the ME have emboldened Israel.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Its almost as if certain recent events WRT the ME have emboldened Israel.

Hardly, it's the standard Israeli response when they get shot at, which is part of the reason that the State of Israel still exists.

Various links have been given in the Syria thread. I suspect it may be a little while before the cause of the ructions is settled on.

Have the Labour Party blamed the Jews yet ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably simplest if we agree to disagree.

I'm aware that Israel tend to respond aggressively but they seem to have been particularly enthusiastic this time round. Even Haaretz thinks so.

Israel launches most extensive strike in Syria in decades after Iranian rocket barrage

It makes good sense to let the other side know you're serious rather than take the risk of stumbling into a dangerous escalation because your initial response is half-hearted, doesn't send a clear message and encourages further provocation.

Ynet link; Syrian army says only 3 killed in Israeli strikes
After war monitor reports at least 23 military personnel—including Syrians and non-Syrians—were killed in Wednesday night's strikes following Iranian attack on Golan bases, Assad army says only three killed and two injured and most Israeli missiles shot down; meanwhile, Iran's 'empty threats' mocked on social media.

It makes good sense to let the other side know you're serious rather than take the risk of stumbling into a dangerous escalation because your initial response is half-hearted, doesn't send a clear message and encourages further provocation.
Israel has been serious for decades and never half-hearted, it's also repeatedly sent a clear message to the world over what it will do if attacked but that hasn't stopped any attacks on their people, towns and cities etc has it?

I am broadly in favour of this response.

Israel has been serious for decades and never half-hearted, it's also repeatedly sent a clear message to the world over what it will do if attacked but that hasn't stopped any attacks on their people, towns and cities etc has it?

I am broadly in favour of this response.

it most certainly has stopped attacks - notably Hezbollah and its host country Lebanon, after the plastering they received in 2006. However, the fact it has stopped attacks does not mean it has solved the entire conflict.

Sounds like the House of Lords at present regarding Brexit

Israel tells Russia what its Red Line is in Syria… Russia agrees with that

Iranian IRGC units start moving towards the Golan.

Iran is told by Russia, don't do that, the Israelis will throw a strop.

IRGC units ignore advice and guidance and move across Israels agreed by Russia Red Line

Israel tells USA and Russia, not happy, time for example to be made… Russia and USA agree on punitive raids

Israel beats up IRGC forces that have crossed its Red Line

Russia tells Iran - did warm you, stop annoying them - they don't play nice.

Iranian Government makes noises this morning it doesn't seek escalation

Lesson learned

Latest Threads