"Iran has decided to become a nuclear state" - Debkafile

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by IndependentBoffin, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks!

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

Can anyone find other corroborating news sources on this?

Realistically precision strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities would only hold back their program by a few years, and after that they will certainly have the cause to develop nuclear weapons.

Total war can potentially set back the Iranian nuclear program by decades to "quite a long time", depending on the extent of the bombing campaign and whether strategic nuclear weapons are used. But this will not happen because in Scripture we see that Iran and Russia one day come to be in a position to assemble a great army to attack Israel.

Regime change can make things better. Or worse.

If we look at the Biblical prophecies on Israel as brought to my attention by Joel Rosenberg in "Epicenter", we already see partial fulfilment of it.

Return of the diaspora - Ezekiel 36:24 "For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land."
    Rebuilding of ruined cities - Ezekiel 36:10 "I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt."
    Flourishing of a once barren land - Isaiah 27:6 "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."

What is to come?

Modern day Gog and Magog - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
    It is written that the day will come that Gog, Magog, Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya and Gomer come to attack Israel with a great army, and lose (Ezekiel 38 ).

2. Oh great, a scripture thread. Did anybody get a school prize for scripture knowledge?

3. Not me mate we use the Septuagint, however to quote Paul on the road to Damascus "What the FUCK was that?" Paul 13:1 (I made that last bit up).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Easy tiger,don't want to upset any passing padres do we?

5. What? No comments about the first half of the thread?

As for the second half, if you can't believe scripture then believe history:
    Historically, governments/armies that have tried to set about to destroy the Jews have undergone "regime change". Pharonic Egypt, Babylon, Romans, Nazis...all gone.

6. Yes, but why quote scripture? It's the refuge of the zealot.

As for your quote - its a statement of the outstandingly bleedingly obvious.

7. Our own humourless rainbow commissar padre has probably scaled the RAChD greasy pole by now and is Bishop of Aldershot or something.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Debkafile - it's the Onion of geo-politics.

9. Hold your horses folks!

Do you really believe that Iran is full out working day and night to manufacturer a nuclear weapon and then immediately fire it at Israel before the eye's of the world and expect to get away scot free with it.

Get real ... The consequences for Iran or any other country thinking of pulling off such a stunt would be suicidal ... literally.

This is more like Israel looking for war and trying to recruit as many Allied Countries as it can muster behind her.

• Like Like x 1
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I wouldn't mind commenting on this thread but I don't go near nutters with a bizarre religiously skewed outlook on this strange place the rest of us inhabit called..."reality"

Go lose the God goggles and I might take notice of you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got scripture O level at School but the quotes the OP uses, like any quotes from any religious work ever written can be interpreted to mean what the hell you want e.g.

Ezekiel 36:10 "I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt." - This could mean its going to be a great time to be a property developer

or

Isaiah 27:6 "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit." - This could be interpreted as good news for farmers

and

Ezekiel 36:24 "For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land." - A brilliant time for anyone involved in the travel industry.

12. Scripture quoting - gay.

The first bit though, yeh cool news story. Though "Iran are nuclear keen twats and Israel wants to score a few hits" isnt really new news is it?
    I'd say they've been asking the USA nicely for a pre-emptive strike for a while now - in between blowing up scientists of course.

13. You say that like its a bad thing.
    Rev.3
    [19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rapture Meter on Red(imminent).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.