• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Iran for Obama

#1
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
 
#3
_Artemis_ said:
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
If it is reverse psychology then why would they not want Obama? is he a specific threat to Iran?
 
#4
Reverse psych because an endorsement from Iran is actually a counter-endorsement? Assumed they think McCain would be better from their perspective because he's more likely to be gung-ho and hence continue to make America look like it over-reacts, inspiring more jihadis.
 
#5
Iran are blatantly trying to pooh pooh a pooh pooh.......... with pooh pooh...... I've seen it before, it was chaos!
 
#9
PsyWar.Org said:
_Artemis_ said:
Domovoy said:
If Iran and al-qaeda aren't spouting the same stuff, maybe *gasp* there isn't some giant muslim conspiracy after all :D
Or just may be that's what they want you to think? :D
Are you say they have a cunning and devious plan...Or that the Sepos have 8O
 
#10
halo_jones said:
PsyWar.Org said:
_Artemis_ said:
Domovoy said:
If Iran and al-qaeda aren't spouting the same stuff, maybe *gasp* there isn't some giant muslim conspiracy after all :D
Or just may be that's what they want you to think? :D
Are you say they have a cunning and devious plan...Or that the Sepos have 8O
Yep, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel.
 
#11
PsyWar.Org said:
halo_jones said:
PsyWar.Org said:
_Artemis_ said:
Domovoy said:
If Iran and al-qaeda aren't spouting the same stuff, maybe *gasp* there isn't some giant muslim conspiracy after all :D
Or just may be that's what they want you to think? :D
Are you say they have a cunning and devious plan...Or that the Sepos have 8O
Yep, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel.
Would it be a conspiracy theory and not reverse psychology?
 
#12
_Artemis_ said:
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
If the citizens of the USA have any sense, they will ignore what anyone outside the USA thinks and vote for the candidate of their preference.
 
#13
minister_doh_nut said:
Iran are blatantly trying to pooh pooh a pooh pooh.......... with pooh pooh...... I've seen it before, it was chaos!
In the end was there pooh pooh all over the place?
 
#14
Perturbed said:
_Artemis_ said:
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
If the citizens of the USA have any sense, they will ignore what anyone outside the USA thinks and vote for the candidate of their preference.
Unfortunately that perhaps! Is not so! The guardian ran a don't re-elect bush some times ago and it added weight too the thoughts of the more emotive aspects of some voters...

Let us not forget that the Scum played no little part in directing the mouth breathers when it come to box ticking...
 
#15
halo_jones said:
Perturbed said:
_Artemis_ said:
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
If the citizens of the USA have any sense, they will ignore what anyone outside the USA thinks and vote for the candidate of their preference.
Unfortunately that perhaps! Is not so! The guardian ran a don't re-elect bush some times ago and it added weight too the thoughts of the more emotive aspects of some voters...

Let us not forget that the Scum played no little part in directing the mouth breathers when it come to box ticking...
I am not going to argue with you, I think you are correct. Did you notice my qualifier of "If"? I should go further, I think the more educated voters ought to take notice of opinions/evidence (especially evidence) from outside USA, it should not be based on sound bites. Empirical evidence is cool, but only applicable to the more educated/aware.

Like the UK, I doubt that the majority of voters in the USA think very deeply. Identity politics seem to hold sway on both sides of the Atlantic.
 
#16
I noted with an entire raised eyebrow Osama saying - and this is near word for word -

"I would use any means necessary to stop Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Any means necessary. Any. "

I took it he was not thinking about an email in an harsh font.

Then again - could Iran be confusing Obama with Osama???
 
#17
Bravo_Bravo said:
I noted with an entire raised eyebrow Osama saying - and this is near word for word -

"I would use any means necessary to stop Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Any means necessary. Any. "

I took it he was not thinking about an email in an harsh font.

Then again - could Iran be confusing Obama with Osama???
Well you did :D
 

Alsacien

LE
Moderator
#18
_Artemis_ said:
The Grauniad said:
A top Iranian official has said Barack Obama is the favoured candidate of Tehran, calling him more "rational" than John McCain in remarks that could be used against the Democratic US presidential hopeful.

Ali Larijani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, told reporters yesterday his government was "leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy [towards Iran] will not change that much".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/us-elections-iran-obama

Obviously reverse psychology from Iran - will the Americans be dim enough to fall for it?
From recent history it would appear that Americans are dim enough to fall for anything - with some being even dim enough not to realise how dim they have been... :roll:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top