Iran: five British sailors detained by the Iranian navy

That astute sub should be ready for live missile trials very shortly...guess the target any one?

Now this is just getting silly. It's not as if they've got a yacht club for all the boats they've had off us over the last few years.

FFS Yachties not matelots. Bet that doesn't stop the likes of Max F'ing Hastings. When he isn't pretending to be a woman on that shite programme on BBC1 every night, that is...

bernoulli said:
Now this is just getting silly. It's not as if they've got a yacht club for all the boats they've had off us over the last few years.
That's their problem. No imagination

Now if I was Armadinnerjacket, I'd be apples ME distributer along with Sun Seekers.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Please no I can't take no more stories about my I pod got bummed and they fed me Kebabs

If they are members of a yaught club they are probably 5 posh tossers with floppy hair and white jumpers tied round their necks lets hope the Iranians shoot the no mark gap year tw4ts

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
If the Iranians want to unload King Hamads boat, I'll go £450,000. Will swap for an empty mansion in Hampstead. And I'll replace the crews awesome freaking silver iPods.

The Iranians have nicked a boat off of the King of Bahrain? Its up there with Somali coast pensioner ex-bank manager tourists for me.

Well, I certainly hope they've got a steelier resolve than the RIR bods who surrendered to a bunch of Sierra Leonian child soldiers had! :D

bernoulli said:
Well, I certainly hope they've got a steelier resolve than the RIR bods who surrendered to a bunch of Sierra Leonian child soldiers had! :D
Yep. Whenever anyone makes the obligatory crack about iPods in every RN-related thread, I daresay someone else is bound to mention the West Side Boys. :lol:

Volvo 70 is a yacht worth stealing - very fast. Not very luxurious, no heads - bucket and chuck it - top speeds 35knts - which is fast for a yacht. Swing keel - nice boat.

Worth about £800k - £1 million

It's owned by Team Pindar - www.teampindar.com

The five Britons being held were reported to be Oliver Smith, 31, from Southampton, Oliver Young, Sam Usher, Luke Porter and Dave Bloomer.

Could be young posh types but probably boat nippers - not earning much definitely getting more then they bargained for.

Typical yachting sponsorship - go to the Middle East to the rich oil toting arabs that want to promote a western wealth based culture - sort of - to attract wealthy westerners to jail when they fornicate on the beaches. But Oliver Smith, the skipper probably has never heard of Iran so completely under-estimated the threat and sailed into the jaws of a big Iranian Venus Flytrap - the more coverage the longer they'll keep them. They are still holding 5 USA tourist from April this year for similar degrees of infraction apparently.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Arrse-Bandit said:
The five Britons being held were reported to be Oliver Smith, Oliver Young, Sam Usher, Luke Porter and Dave Bloomer.
Thats two Olivers. a Luke and a Bloomer more than I would want anywhere near my crane.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Dunservin said:
bernoulli said:
Yep. Whenever anyone makes the obligatory crack about iPods in every RN-related thread, I daresay someone else is bound to mention the West Side Boys. :lol:
Although admittedly the army did come out from that with better PR...