Iran can't be all bad - they've banned mullet haircuts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Earlier this year, an Iranian cleric claimed women who wear revealing clothes cause natural disasters. Hojjat ol-eslam Kazem Sediqi, a prayer leader in Tehran, said: "Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes."

I wondered about the 'quake in Taiwan that occurred just after I left a couple of years ago. Pity there wasn't one in Tehran after I left there, as there was certainly sufficient justification.
  2. About time too, they've had a bad mullet problem there since the dawn of time, here's the evidence:

And in the reign of Hammurabi a great plague of mullets befell all of Sumer and there was a great wailing and a gnashing of teeth!

Well done Mahmoud Ahmadinijihad...errrm...Mahmoud Ahmadinegad...errrm...Mahmoud Alhmadinebygad...errrm...old twatface, for finally facing up to Irans oldest problem!
  3. It will be 'shorrtt back and sides' again.... with Visiting Mullahs and Religious Police carrying lathis to make sure the faithfull have 'Correct hair cuts'.....

And no sureptitious comments from the hairdresser.... "And would Sir like something for the weekend... very cheap, textured, ribbed and scented...dirty magazines.... DV-Ds...... know what I mean.... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...!!"
  4. My "ex sister-in-law" will be delighted to read that ponytails for men are also banned. To quote her "The worst thing I know is men with a ponytail". Not very tolerant no. She herself is an middleaged overweight lesbian with piercings and tattoos - and expects everybody to show "tolerance" and accept her for who she is. But ponytails, - don't get her started.

5. I think she's banned in Iran too…