Iran and the Bomb

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Nov 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well there is not that much to disagree with it as everyman and his Saluki knows that it was AQ khan who supplied the Iranians the majority of the theoretical nuclear know how.
    However I don't think that the Americans can really do anything about AQ Khan card without damaging Musharraf, so the lack of any real US action on that front!

2. Should be noted that Iran is NOT an ally of Pakistan - AQ Khan was only interested in money. He also greatly exaggerated his own role in the Pakistani nuclear program - he's not even a nuclear scientist (Khan is a metalurgist by profession) - 'father of the bomb' indeed. However, for all his many flaws, he did play a significant role in enabling Pakistan's national security and he has a great deal of prestige within Pakistan, so he won't be handed over to anyone.

3. Though Khan was corrupted by the money (which came later) I think that his orginal motivation began with the '71 war and Bhutto's desire for Nuclear program to counter that of the Indians. Without Khan and his shennanagins there would not have been a bomb, I think.
    But on Iran I wouldn't be suprised if their is a re-alignment in the future. Can the Iranian - Indian alliance really survive a truly hostile America? I don't think so. I don't think that Pakistan and Iran will ever be close but (See problems like Balochistan and past support for extreme Sunni groups) but with China as a mutual 'friend' as I said I wouldn't bet on against a realignment.

4. *Stroking chin*
    Oh Chinny rec-kon! Oh, Jimmy Hill!

What is he? A dealer? "Here you go, my man. try these blueprins for a while. Come back if you want some more, I have some REAL good sh!t."

And to continue, if I may, with the Mary Whitehouse Experience nostalgia trip:

AQ Khan- is bent.