Iran after May 5th ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by semper, Apr 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. do you reckon Bliar and Bush will go for Iran if he wins the election ?

2. Course he will, he is a lapdog of George W, he has no back bone to turn around and say 'No' to the Yanks.

I just wonder ewhat excuse they are gonna come out with to justify it!!

3. With a bit of luck it might not be his decision after the 5th of May.

But assuming he is still in Number 10...I'd figure about 6 months after that we'll be in Iran - and who said he'd bother with an excuse? He'd have 3 or 4 years to butter people back up and I didn't think he was planning to go to a 4th election anyway.

4. Backbone or no, to go into Iran we need a couple of troops free, some of which need to be infantry...... we've got nothing left. We are left with nothing we can do but shout from the sidelines.

5. But that won't stop the silly sod will it? Military bleating about capability? What do they know?

One can only hope that if he does the immediate backlash (and there will be one) will drive heim out of power.

There is still plenty of cynicism regarding Iraq (it will cost Labour in the election) that to go into Iran would cost him plenty. Still think he would mind 8O 8O

6. I, like most of you, think Blair is a w*nker who will follow Bush like the lost sheep he is but even he, with his ideas of Tony Infallability cannot even begin to consider Iran. He must know the public wouldn't stand for it and we don't have the military capability to carry it out at the present time. In fact, the US don't have the military capability to go into Iran unless all they intent to do is drop a bucket full of sunshine, which will not happen, even with a redneck on the button.

7. Even the president of the United States of Apathy would be hard pressed to find enough troops for another invasion.

Surely the Chief Idiot of the worlds biggest village isn't that thick?

8. now that the cabinet and the people know that he lied to go into Iraq and that there is a good chance that it was illegal, they will want firm evidence before even allowing the prat to consider it.

9. Stand by for another terrorist atrocity somewhere then. Nothing to stiffen the public spirit and bring out the warrior in him than seeing Johnny Foreigner blow up some innocent bystanders. Helps if said foreigner is arabic.

10. If he gets a sizeable majority, i think he will view it as W did, a blamk cheque book signed by the electorate!

Fill yer boots tony! :roll:

hence why we need to get them out of office (or substantially reduce their majority!)

11. You could argue that with Tony's blood-lust and therefore defence being a growing industry, that our jobs are at least secure!

12. The only thing that will oust The President is if it was discovered that he is a closet fox hunter.

The invasion of Iraq is entirely acceptable because he just happened to be in the area when it broke cover and he just couldn't stop his highly-strung pack of lackeys...

Tragic, really. :roll:

13. Iranians are not arabs, IdleAdjt

14. I can't see Iran in 05. Not even 06, as there is a substantial NATO committment to Afghanistan with a possible 5K Brit contingent freed up by withdrawls from Iraq. I'm sure once Afghanistan is calming down then the troops will be heading back to Iraq, and so on in a ping-pong manner...

I can see Dubya (either using the US or an Israeli proxy) bombing Iran - will we provide backup along the lines of air-air refuelling or airborne surveillance? And what happens when the bombing proves inconclusive?

Yes - if the Dear Leader's party is re-elected with a respectable majority he will see it as carte blanc to do as he pleases... :evil: Bliar out in 05!

15. Sandy,

I apologise for my poor geographical knowledge, I thought that Iran was an arabic country. A blessed releif if they're not, surely less chance of a dust-up with them then.