Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran Accidentally Sinks Fake Aircraft Carrier In Wrong Place

Iran Accidentally Sinks Fake Aircraft Carrier In Wrong Place

The location of the sinking will likely create a serious headache for the Iranian Navy and IRGC-N. It is just outside the harbor entrance to Bandar Abbas, near to the main approach channel.

The water there is approximately 45 ft deep, which is shallow. This makes it worse for Iran because it cannot be left to sink. It is so shallow that other ships face a very real risk of catastrophic damage if they sail over it. In fact, at least as of a couple of days ago, it was partly above water. This is a serious shipping hazard.

Iran self St Nazaire's its navy?

Apologies if in wrong category

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently this was used in live fire for propaganda videos... Look what we'll do to US CVNs sort of jobby.

Which does sound like more fun than North Korea's attempts at such.

I'd quite like to see it.

So.... they build a mock-up of a CVN to show to the Great Satan that they will not allow a CVN to interfere with their operations, and promptly create a situation where a CVN is now, albeit in model form, interfering with their operations.

Does His Imperial Highness the Emperor (Arrse, passim) happen to speak Farsi, or have a clerical robe as alternative attire to his more normal purple cloak?

Heartwarming to see that Tehran is still on speed dial
kxOwTOqe_400x400.jpg

TamH70

MIA
Inshallah.

I bet the Iranians blame the Israelis and the Americans.

Yokel

LE
Their fire discipline and safety procedures need work - with hitting one of their own ships during an exercise not so long ago and now this.

Also navigation. Would you buy an Iranian SatNav?

I wonder if it is blocking the port that their submarines are based at? That really would have shades of Zebrugge.

You all know what they would say.

Inshallah

I do sometimes wonder if the purple robed one has been whispering into the Prophet's ear as well.

(If I'm allowed to say that)

As if I really fücking care

NSP

LE
I wonder if it is blocking the port that their submarines are based at?
Yes, as far as I know. Bandar Abbas is their main naval base. You can see a lot of their assets tied up there, including a sub' (and the carrier), on Google Earth. The image date is March this year so the carrier is moored in the entrance rather than being sunk across it.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
Yes, as far as I know. Bandar Abbass is their main naval base. You can see a lot of their assets tied up there, including a sub' (and the carrier), on Google Earth. The image date is March this year so the carrier is moored in the entrance rather than being sunk across it.

Doh - in Farsi!

Perhaps people will start to believe that carriers DO have a very real ASW role! In the old days they used to rely on the Americans sinking their vessels and stopping them from leaving port. Now they seem to be self sufficient.

As no lives were lost I see no reason not to smile.

In the collective consciousness's of both Iranians and Afghans - Perfidious Albion is always one of those to be blamed.
Nonsense. We don't even get the title of 'little satan' these days. Your lot stole that from us. In the days when a quarter of the map of the world was coloured pink we were the 'Great Satan' until the dammed Yankees pushed us out of the way in 1979.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Have they been taking expert technical advice from the Argentinians - they're good at this sort of thing.

1596642092847.png

Although the RN has form for parking £1 billion submarines on sandbanks...

1596642304130.png

Wordsmith

Latest Threads