• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

IRA not engaged in terrorist activity

#1
The IRA is 'firmly committed to a political path' and 'not engaged in terrorist activity', according to the Independent Monitoring Commission.

The IMC gave a positive verdict on the IRA: it said the organisation was not engaged in any terrorist activity, including procuring weapons or training members.

The four-man body believes the IRA leadership is opposed to the use of violence in community control and has taken a stance against criminality.
Extraordinary. Apparently the recent terrorist activity has been carried out by those pesky dissident republicans, none of whom have any connection to the IRA.


This bit will come as no surprise:
(the IMC) said troop levels have dropped to 8,300, ahead of schedule.
So, some money saved and more troops freed up to be stretched but not overstretched elsewhere.
 
#2
ViroBono said:
The IRA is 'firmly committed to a political path' and 'not engaged in terrorist activity', according to the Independent Monitoring Commission.

The IMC gave a positive verdict on the IRA: it said the organisation was not engaged in any terrorist activity, including procuring weapons or training members.

The four-man body believes the IRA leadership is opposed to the use of violence in community control and has taken a stance against criminality.
Extraordinary. Apparently the recent terrorist activity has been carried out by those pesky dissident republicans, none of whom have any connection to the IRA.


This bit will come as no surprise:
(the IMC) said troop levels have dropped to 8,300, ahead of schedule.
So, some money saved and more troops freed up to be stretched but not overstretched elsewhere.

More likely that they have taken a stand against any criminality that they do not control/condone or have a percentage of.
 
#3
They've no need to engage in any terrorist activity. They are getting pretty much every concession possible (some slower than others), so there isn't much point in them blowing stuff up any more.
 
#8
Roadless said:
What are they gonna do with all the brand spanking new weapons they brought in from Florida now !

Waste of money :?
Sell 'em to the UDA & laugh their arse off as the Prods indulge in even more internal ethnic cleansing! :roll:
 
#10
My arrse! If they are no longer engaging in terrorist activities why do they exist?

Oh yes I just remembered, they exist so that if people refuse to go along with Adams he can set them off on yet another murder campaign - after all that has always been the IRA (of whatever variety"s) concept of democracy.
 
#12
Inf/MP said:
My arrse! If they are no longer engaging in terrorist activities why do they exist?

Oh yes I just remembered, they exist so that if people refuse to go along with Adams he can set them off on yet another murder campaign - after all that has always been the IRA (of whatever variety"s) concept of democracy.
They're a social club now.So they can reminesce about the old days in the maze.
Besides,they have to have a hobby.......
 
#13
So those members of IRA/SF who were noting the car numbers of the people who attended the Army Presentation Team Briefing in Galgorm Manor Hotel, Ballymena, last night are not going to use the details for terrorist purposes?

Aye right!!!!

TZA
 
#16
TangoZeroAlpha said:
So those members of IRA/SF who were noting the car numbers of the people who attended the Army Presentation Team Briefing in Galgorm Manor Hotel, Ballymena, last night are not going to use the details for terrorist purposes?
I suppose Galgorm Manor made a nice change for them; they spent several days recently taking notes and pictures outside my place of work in Belfast.
 
#17
ViroBono said:
TangoZeroAlpha said:
So those members of IRA/SF who were noting the car numbers of the people who attended the Army Presentation Team Briefing in Galgorm Manor Hotel, Ballymena, last night are not going to use the details for terrorist purposes?
I suppose Galgorm Manor made a nice change for them; they spent several days recently taking notes and pictures outside my place of work in Belfast.
They were an undercover DVLNI team checking for out of date tax discs!!! :p
 

Latest Threads