IRA no longer being naughty

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chrisg46, Jul 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Views from the "sharp" end?

Never been there, but kind of doubt that some members of ira etc will give up their day jobs...

If this counts as one of the things that should not be discussed in an open forum, let me know, i shall delete it! Unless Mods get there first :D
  2. Notice the wording. 'centrally organised criminality...'. It lets the 'boys' get on with fuel smuggling, drug dealing and counterfeit goods dealing whilst removing any responsability for these from the former IRA leadership.
  3. Read the article fully. It does state that they are aware that SOME members will not be prepared to give up. They have accepted though that the organisation as a whole have.
    Paisley will still find a reason to not share power though. He wouldn't know the meaning of the word democracy if it smacked him in the mouth. Whether or not he likes it, Sinn Fein have the largest electoral mandate of the Northern Republican Parties.
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

That was my interpretation of it too.

And i agree re paisley. Isnt he one of the people who organised the original protestant attacks on the catholic civil rights marches, so therefore could be responsible for kicking off the troubles?
  5. He most certainly was. If he had had his way in the 1960's, Catholics would have been hanging from every lamp post.
  6. IRA no longer being naughty??
    In Irish terminology the answer to this is "Me B0ll1X", or "They have in there B0ll1X", notice the strong association between the ra and B0ll1X.
    Translation, I dont believe that for a second.
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yeah right! If the 'RA is'nt being naughty anymore,then Gerry Adams is a Prod & Martin is a priest!!!
  8. Bless em
  9. Is it me or are the IRA just like a bottom of the division football team since the Taliban have come along? The Taliban seem to be top of the League now. Could you imagine a fight between the Taliban and the IRA. Would pay to see that... £10 on the Taliban
  10. I wonder how events would have turned out if Big Ian was not around.

11. Peter Hain must be living in La La land. He should go and have a walk around the province and see for himself rather than read watered down reports before coming to a " conclusion ". Bet he belives Blair doesnt tell porkies to.
  12. Absolutely. It was Big Ian who killed all those people, Big Ian who walked all over those poor downtrodden Fenians.
    Big Ian who made sure the Hunger Strike wasn't called off. Ad Infinitum.

It's about time you woke up. Do you think working class Prods in Haarland and Wolff had it any better in the 50's and 60's?
    Or in shipyards in Glasgow and the North East? It was all 'bollix' so as the 'Ra had an excuse to kick off again. There again, seeing as
    the 'ra are all bezzy mates with Bliar and his mates, maybe it's easier to blame Big Ian.
  13. Big Ian won't share power because he has no authority from his electors to do so. Quite right too. I honestly find it difficult to understand your reasoning. On one hand, you are happy to condemn Sinn Fein as the political wing of a vicious terrorist and criminal organisation which has, and still uses, intimidation and threats to achieve votes. On the other, you're happy to slag people off who refuse to acknowledge the lie that they are free and democratic. Fcuked if I know where you're coming from.
  14. Perevodchik. Yes Sinn Fein are the political representatives of the IRA in some peoples eyes. However, it is a fact that they have the majority vote of the Catholic/Republican electorate and are, therefore, the largest Republican party.

This situation will never end whilst people remain entrenched in ideas from over 300 years ago. Get over it FFS is all I can say and start to build a fully inclusive Northern Ireland for the future. Half the trouble of all sides in this is the constant looking backwards instead of forwards.

Yes, Adams & McGuinness were involved in killing. So was Gusty Spence et al. There is lots of blood on lots of hands on BOTH sides.

Paisley simply does not wish to share power with Catholics. It doesn't matter whether they are Sinn Fein, SDLP or Monster Raving Loony party, if they are Catholic he doesn't want to know about powere sharing.

Move on!

15. Orangeism does not foster resentment or intolerance so Im told, so why is Paisley who is an outspoken critic of the Roman Catholic faith still a member??.