IRA loyalists british army

Hey, I have just read peter taylors book series with the British army, the IRA and the loyalists each having a book written on them.

It came across as the IRA and the British army were politically motivated, this of course isnt me saying the IRA were soldiers or not terrorist but I just mean they were fighting for a political cause, not legitimising atrocities and their actions or even their cause here btw.

The British Army came across as a political and profesional army, with some questionable actions by individual soldiers noted, the 99.9 percent of the army seemed to be of course fighting to prevent the IRA and to stop killing and keep the NI state afloat.

However the Loyalists seemed to be the worst kind of cunts we have in England, claiming the British flag but acting like vile scumbags and dealing with one hand and killing innocents with another.

The thing that struck me however was in the documentaries based on the books, you see a British army soldier saluting a passing IRA funeral prosession during a funeral, how prevelant was this and were the early IRA seen as enemies but worthy of respect for fighting for their country or was this very rare?

Also how do the IRA justify their armed campaign despite the majority not supporting it and what is going to be done to these rira murdering cunts who killed british soldiers recently?

Hey, I have just read peter taylors book series with the British army, the IRA and the loyalists each having a book written on them.

It came across as the IRA and the British army were politically motivated, this of course isnt me saying the IRA were soldiers or not terrorist but I just mean they were fighting for a political cause, not legitimising atrocities and their actions or even their cause here btw.

The British Army came across as a political and profesional army, with some questionable actions by individual soldiers noted, the 99.9 percent of the army seemed to be of course fighting to prevent the IRA and to stop killing and keep the NI state afloat.

However the Loyalists seemed to be the worst kind of cunts we have in England, claiming the British flag but acting like vile scumbags and dealing with one hand and killing innocents with another.

The thing that struck me however was in the documentaries based on the books, you see a British army soldier saluting a passing IRA funeral prosession during a funeral, how prevelant was this and were the early IRA seen as enemies but worthy of respect for fighting for their country or was this very rare?

Also how do the IRA justify their armed campaign despite the majority not supporting it and what is going to be done to these rira murdering cunts who killed british soldiers recently?
And this has exactly what to do with the Salford Riots?

haha, no, sorry i was going to put up a article i read by a guy on the salford riots but couldt be fucked :D

Saying that what has this to do with current affairs?

Can I recommend that this thread makes its way to the hole by the shortest possible route!

OP I cannot be fucked to read your tripe.

erm well the IRA are still there, despite how small, so thats kinda how

And still kneecapping teenagers no doubt?

To the hole!

I wish I'd been drinking this afternoon, because that would explain why I cannot follow this thread. However being completely sober I am at a loss to know what the OP is on about.

I guess my question is why did some soldiers salute IRA volunteers at funerals, as the vid i linked shows.

lol i never said i have, however its even on youtube so...

British Soldiers Salute IRA Volunteer, Charlie Hughes.mp4 - YouTube

Also why are you making out I support the IRA lol, when i obv do not.
Perhaps if you had served, you would know the rules for saluting, amongst which is the paying of respects to the dead, irrespective of nationality or belief. We saluted the burials of Luftwaffe pilots in WW2 but that didn't make us members of the Luftwaffe.

lol wut??, i never said it did, I am just asking why, i find it interesting to understand is all, my grandad was in ww2 and he certainly would not salute the germans, he hates them and also seemingly hates officers he served under.

I do not know how the fuck you got i was saying the saluting soldiers were IRA members from my posts?

lol wut??, i never said it did, I am just asking why, i find it interesting to understand is all, my grandad was in ww2 and he certainly would not salute the germans, he hates them and also seemingly hates officers he served under.

I do not know how the fuck you got i was saying the saluting soldiers were IRA members from my posts?
If your grandad was ordered to be a burial party for a german soldier he would have had to do what he was told. You are not saluting their army, you are saluting the person in the coffin - its a mark of respect. It was the same way with Germans who were burying British aircrew, they organised burial parties and paid respects to those who were being buried.

I noticed you edited your post to change its meaning, at the outset you were questioning whether soldiers were sympathetic to the IRA cause - no they weren't.

As for political motivation, I think you will find that the army on op Banner was far from politically motivated, we were given a job to do by the Government of the day, and that was to initially aid the civil population against the uprising. IIRC we were initially put on the streets to protect the Catholic populated areas from the protestants, and to aid the civil power. Nothing political.
We were there to do a job, not espouse politics. As the IRA came to the fore and started their campaign against the RUC and the Army we were drawn into a long and bloody fight. Its what defence forces do.

If your grandad was ordered to be a burial party for a german soldier he would have had to do what he was told. You are not saluting their army, you are saluting the person in the coffin - its a mark of respect. It was the same way with Germans who were burying British aircrew, they organised burial parties and paid respects to those who were being buried.

I noticed you edited your post to change its meaning, at the outset you were questioning whether soldiers were sympathetic to the IRA cause - no they weren't.

As for political motivation, I think you will find that the army on op Banner was far from politically motivated, we were given a job to do by the Government of the day, and that was to initially aid the civil population against the uprising. IIRC we were initially put on the streets to protect the Catholic populated areas from the protestants, and to aid the civil power. Nothing political.
We were there to do a job, not espouse politics. As the IRA came to the fore and started their campaign against the RUC and the Army we were drawn into a long and bloody fight. Its what defence forces do.
they were not a burial party, they were soldiers on the streets who saluted a passing IRA volunteer as IRA volunteers and a crowd of supporters and family marched beside the hearse.

They were nothing to do with the funeral and were not ordered to salute the coffin???

If that's a salute. I'm a catholic. Looks like they're lifting they're visors. Your sentence about loyalists being the worst kind of cunts in England, pretty much sums you up, you don't know what your talking about. it's not in England you complete knob.

Latest Threads