Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IRA Funding from America.

• Thread starter Deleted 24582
  • Start date
D

Deleted 24582

Except that bears no relation to reality. The equivalent would be saying that you get your high school diploma for staying awake during the ceremony.

I understand Ortholith. But I am sure your students do get a few GPA boosters!

I understand Ortholith. But I am sure your students do get a few GPA boosters!
No. Mainly because that doesn't exist over here.

In the UK exams are national - there is no teacher involvement in the grades awarded. Some subjects still have coursework which can be used to game the system through 'extra help' but most of them depend entirely on what the child does in a formal test under strict exam conditions.

There are some huge flaws (different exam boards, frequent specification changes, ambiguous markschemes, questions that are impossible to answer, leaked questions before exams) but on the whole the system is fair or at least equally shit for everyone.

The Libyan supply line?

Partly.

I have attached a bit of reading.

This is arguably the most concertedly "military" action they carried out once the initial phase was over. As such its probably closest to the sort of thing that weapons of the type you describe being useful for.

D

Deleted 24582

No. Mainly because that doesn't exist over here.

In the UK exams are national - there is no teacher involvement in the grades awarded. Some subjects still have coursework which can be used to game the system through 'extra help' but most of them depend entirely on what the child does in a formal test under strict exam conditions.

There are some huge flaws (different exam boards, frequent specification changes, ambiguous markschemes, questions that are impossible to answer, leaked questions before exams) but on the whole the system is fair or at least equally shit for everyone.

We had all sorts of Physical education classes, to bump up GPA’s.

We had all sorts of Physical education classes, to bump up GPA’s.
Er, congratulations? That doesn't change the fact that it doesn't happen in the UK. Because we don't have GPAs.

Exams are national, administered by independent exam boards and totally exclude teaching staff from any involvement in their students' results.

endure

GCM
Requirements to get Into the only University in this State.

"At the University of Wyoming, we believe learning shouldn’t be limited to a classroom, which is why we were ranked the nation’s No. 3 outdoors college by Backpacker Magazine. "

Presumably that's where you learned to drink whisky and shoot things? ;-)

GCSE are dumbed down O Levels

In the modern UK 7 "A star" GCSE's mean you used the correct crayon to right you name on the exam paper

Dumbed down is unfair. It was, as the name suggests, a single qualification to replace both the 'harder' GCE (General Certificate of Education) and 'easier' CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education).

D

Deleted 24582

Partly.

I have attached a bit of reading.

This is arguably the most concertedly "military" action they carried out once the initial phase was over. As such its probably closest to the sort of thing that weapons of the type you describe being useful for.

A flame thrower?!?! Jesus...

Their home made mortar looks like a Redneck science experiment. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near that jury rigged abortion.

D

Deleted 24582

"At the University of Wyoming, we believe learning shouldn’t be limited to a classroom, which is why we were ranked the nation’s No. 3 outdoors college by Backpacker Magazine. "

Presumably that's where you learned to drink whisky and shoot things? ;-)

If Jack Daniels and Seven and Seven count ..but I was started on marksmanship at the age of 7.

D

Deleted 24582

Er, congratulations? That doesn't change the fact that it doesn't happen in the UK. Because we don't have GPAs.

Exams are national, administered by independent exam boards and totally exclude teaching staff from any involvement in their students' results.

So their students scores have no effect on the teachers career?

Their home made mortar looks like a Redneck science experiment. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near that jury rigged abortion.

The mortars were not the most reliable and as you can see accounted for a couple of "own goals" but they were very effective when they did function properly.

A lot of the weapons were AK47's as well courtesy of Gaddafi.
Before or after we allowed the Yanks to kill his family, from a UK base. I was too young to remember.

The Mk15 mortar was getting better and better up to, and after, the ceasefire. It was pretty much the equivalent of having a car bomb thrown over the fence into your base.

No it doesn't. Do feel free to do some practice papers and send me them.

Sharpen your crayon.... answers are in the in white text (highlight to see)

1. What are the GCSE grades in England ?
2. What are the GCSE grades in Wales ?
3. What are the GCSE grades in Northern Ireland?
4. What are the GCSE grades in Scotland ?

-
1. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & U
2. A*,A,B,C,D,E,F,G & U
3 A*,A,B,C*,C,D,E,F,G,& U
4 They do SQC's

Before or after we allowed the Yanks to kill his family, from a UK base. I was too young to remember.

Do you mean the 1986 attack? If you do then I'll tell you Gaddafi was supplying weapons long before 1986.

The first proven connection with Libya was in 1973 when the Irish Navy boarded a ship called the Claudia, off the Irish coast. They found five tonnes of weaponry supplied by Libya.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The mortars were not the most reliable and as you can see accounted for a couple of "own goals" but they were very effective when they did function properly.
The ones that stonked XMG were, they wrecked a portacabin that afterwards contained more stuff than the Atlantic Conveyer

Last edited: