ira footage turns oout to be video game footage from arma 2

Idiot Documentarians Reveal "Secret IRA Terrorism Footage". It's a Video Game from 2009.[Update]

the emperor mong has reached prime time TV I salute you Your MONGNESS
UK documentary examining possible connections between Muammar Gaddafi and the IRA apparently confused video game play for actual IRA footage of a helicopter being shot down.

In the documentary Exposure - Gaddafi and the IRA, aired Monday night in the U.K., a voice can be heard saying, "With Gaddafi's heavy machine guns it was possible to shoot down a helicopter as the terrorists own footage of 1988 shows."

On the screen viewers witness shaky footage of what appears to be a heavy machine gun mounted into the bed of a camouflage-painted pick-up truck. The words IRA film 1988 are displayed over the video. In the footage, viewers see a group of men in balaclavas standing around the vehicles as it fires at a distant helicopter.
"This was what the security forces feared most," the voice continues. "It may have been a lucky hit, but for the Army and crew once was enough. No one died in this attack..."

That's probably because the footage actually came from ARMA 2, a tactical shooter released for the computer by developers Bohemia Interactive Studios in 2009.

Reminds me of the media being suckered in by this 'captured US soldier' footage

Never underestimate the mongess of the meeja

To be honest I happened to flick over to this as it was shown and was cross and surprised in equal measure until I saw the smoke from the heli being hit when it became apparent that it was a game never mind movie CGI.

As an aside I hadn't heard of the episode where 18 known IRA cellphones went live all at once within a mile of some negotiations between HMG/PIRA.
Very "Spooks".

Stupid cnuts - if they had wanted footage of the 'RA shooting down Brit heli's all they had to do was go the Ard Fheis a couple of weeks ago in the Waterfront Hall in Belfast. They were selling provo 'in-action' vids from stalls in the hall to raise money for political prisoners.

Plus the soundtrack and editing was always much better than that poxy clip!

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
On the plus side, future updates to VBS2 promise to make pre-deployment training on the simulators that much more immersive!