• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

ira don't want to be humiliated

bastards bastards bastards.
murdering and maiming men women and children for 20 years and think they should be treated with respectjavascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
as if the plan I've got 250 blokes with tommy guns I'll be able to defeat the british army with them no probs was ever a starter in the first place.

brighton hippy said:
murdering and maiming men women and children for 20 years and think they should be treated with .
Get your facts right - the troubles started in 1968 - they've been murdering and maiming men women and children for 30 + years, not just 20

CardCheat said:
brighton hippy said:
murdering and maiming men women and children for 20 years and think they should be treated with .
Get your facts right - the troubles started in 1968 - they've been murdering and maiming men women and children for 30 + years, not just 20
dont forget the horses!!

Filbert Fox said:
CardCheat said:
brighton hippy said:
dont forget the horses!!
As I write this the war memorial along the lane in the village has a name on for one of the lads on the bandstand in Regents Park that day.

I still feel as angry today as I did in 1982. Fcuking B*stards! :cry:

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
PartTimePongo said:
Hey, but don't forget, it's peace now, so we can cut Infantry units in the province. :evil:
And thereby from the British Army's Orbat, as obviously we are now entering the time of peace and goodwill so there will be no need for an army.

Thanks for that Murielson, I see the news has only just broken.

Now I want to know , how the lack of a peace dividend is going to affect plans for the cutting of Infantry in the province.

Is the Government going to make a statement, or will they be hiding?

Can someone ask TCH while he's on his "I'm well popular, me" junket?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
PartTimePongo said:
Can someone ask TCH while he's on his "I'm well popular, me" junket?
That involves two very different places, he'd only get confused... 8O

CG that well known literary drunken Dubliner, Brendan Behan, was amongst those planting the bombs.

The IRA dont want to be humiliated, but are willing to celebrate a man who strutts around naked in a cell smeared in his own excrement!

That sounds bit humiliating to me....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4079363.stm

Progress to restore Northern Ireland devolution has been "remarkable but is not yet complete", Tony Blair has said.
He said an agreement to complete IRA decommissioning by Christmas was an "immense leap".

The prime minister was in Belfast with Bertie Ahern to publish joint government proposals for power-sharing.

Hopes for a deal were dashed after Ian Paisley's DUP said it was not signing up, because the IRA was refusing photographs of decommissioning.

Northern Ireland's political institutions have been suspended since October 2002 amid claims of IRA intelligence-gathering at the Northern Ireland Office
Thanks and unrestrained gratitude be to the Celestial Navigator , and for his steady hand on the helm in turbulent waters , it is peace in our time.

What's that high-pitched whizzing noise?

cdo_gunner said:
The IRA were busy planting bombs in mainland Britain during WWII FWIW :evil:
The cowardly scum have been killing since the 1600 and are still ruled from westminster good track record guy Our day will come my arrse

Greengrass said:
cdo_gunner said:
The IRA were busy planting bombs in mainland Britain during WWII FWIW :evil:
The cowardly scum have been killing since the 1600 and are still ruled from westminster good track record guy Our day will come my arrse

Most certainly cowardly, and most definitely scum, but by no stretch of the imagination can they be said to have been killing since the 1600s. The IRA - both in its present and past manifestations - is no more than at the very most 150 years old (and the term 'IRA' is not even a century old). In fact it is very dangerous to link them with any period of Irish history outside of their own limited one, as this confers upon them the historical lineage and legitimacy they crave.

It should be borne in mind that they have shown a willingness to murder and maim Irish Catholics just as readily as they have done so to their 'preferred' targets.

Latest Threads