ira don't want to be humiliated

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brighton hippy, Dec 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bastards bastards bastards.
    murdering and maiming men women and children for 20 years and think they should be treated with respectjavascript:emoticon(':(')
    as if the plan I've got 250 blokes with tommy guns I'll be able to defeat the british army with them no probs was ever a starter in the first place.
  2. wheres this story from? got a link?
  3. Get your facts right - the troubles started in 1968 - they've been murdering and maiming men women and children for 30 + years, not just 20
  4. dont forget the horses!!
  5. As I write this the war memorial along the lane in the village has a name on for one of the lads on the bandstand in Regents Park that day.

I still feel as angry today as I did in 1982. Fcuking B*stards! :cry:
  6. Hey, but don't forget, it's peace now, so we can cut Infantry units in the province. :evil:
  7. front page of the BBC website.
    paisley want to see photographic proof that the weapons are put beyone use
    gerry wants him to take his word for it
  8. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

And thereby from the British Army's Orbat, as obviously we are now entering the time of peace and goodwill so there will be no need for an army.
  9. Thanks for that Murielson, I see the news has only just broken.

Now I want to know , how the lack of a peace dividend is going to affect plans for the cutting of Infantry in the province.

Is the Government going to make a statement, or will they be hiding?

Can someone ask TCH while he's on his "I'm well popular, me" junket?
  10. The IRA were busy planting bombs in mainland Britain during WWII FWIW :evil:
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That involves two very different places, he'd only get confused... 8O

CG that well known literary drunken Dubliner, Brendan Behan, was amongst those planting the bombs.
  12. No peace dividend

No cuts

What could be simpler?
  13. Ha Ha - what's going to be the next excuse when somebody asks if it's Treasury driven?
  14. The IRA dont want to be humiliated, but are willing to celebrate a man who strutts around naked in a cell smeared in his own excrement!

That sounds bit humiliating to me....