IRA denounce the criminals and admit killing a catholic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plant-Pilot, Apr 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The IRA have released their Easter statment distancing themselves from the criminal element and admitting killing an innocent catholic in a bomb attack in 1974.

Story Here

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

What....Just the ONE!!!Load of bullocks!!!

3. Ireland ..... The graveyard of truth

Or as put by Oscar Wilde "The Irish do not have a nationality ...... they have a psychosis"

Having worked there during '85-'87, the "Anglo-Irish" years, I can well understand the sentiment

4. Get it right, It was Brendan Behan not Oscar Wilde. "Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a pyschosis"

5. I-J.......My apologies

Still right though isn't it .......................... "Having worked there during '85-'87, the "Anglo-Irish" years, I can well understand the sentiment"

I missed or rather misquoted the author of what has put too many of OURS in the ground

6. Evidently their 'apology' doesn't extend to those Catholic members of the UDR they murdered....or the RUC...or the Garda...or the Irish Defence Forces...or the....oh, what's the point?

7. "Evidently their 'apology' doesn't extend to those Catholic members of the UDR they murdered....or the RUC...or the Garda...or the Irish Defence Forces...or the....oh, what's the point? " -gallowglass

Well said .........**** debating dead poets

More Dead than Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf 1, Gulf 2 added together ......... More Civilians under the age of ten than all the dead from those wars (sorry conflicts)

The War is over and what was it for ?

8. Can we have adams and mcguiness apologise for previous terrorist activity?
    Apologise for inciting hatred.
    Apologise for thousands dead and for the families who have not seen justice done because of the good friday agreement.

And for their part all loyalists (UVF or whatever) apologise for their activities and decommission their weapons, it's about time.

Have we apologised for Dublin 1916? If not we should, and after all the apologies are done anyone still involved in terrorist activity has instantly waived their human rights and can either walk into a hail of bullets or rot somewhere, I'm not fussy as long as they're not let back into society for a long long time.

I'm taking bets on the likelihood of this happening, anyone want to start the bidding at 500:1? (I'll throw in a free pint of guiness)

9. Crabby,

Your way we'll have the French saying sorry for 1066.

This is meant to be a serious point, how many of ARRSE rotated through from 1969 in the worst WAR this Country has endured since WW2 in the form of dead and injured ?

From Your flipant comment "UVF or whatever" You've never been there. My (as a part of) first engagement was with the UVF at the gates of Palace in '85 second further south with PIRA, two years of fun and games

Yes the War stopped (on 9/11) I wonder why ....."with us or against us" (Bush everyones hate figure)

10. No, I have never been there, I do not know or understand everything that has gone on there. However there are two sides to any conflict and at the time when the IRA announced they were decommissioning their arms there was loyalist infighting as they were denouncing the IRA saying the decommissioning was a farce.

If a nation or organisation has acted inappropriately within living memory then there should be an acknowledgement of that. Many people still want apologies from Japan, which is more recent and more far-reaching but was still acting inappropriately. If it would help a peace-process I'd rather an apology for 1916 than have some of the smug gits released early under the good friday agreement wandering round free people.

I wait to be corrected by those more experienced and more knowledgeable than myself

Edited to add that my "UVF or whatever" was in reference to the many loyalist groups, just as republicans had many groups mainly stemming from the IRA - IRA/PIRA/real IRA etc. I used UVF in reference to all loyalist groups, I apologise for being flipant

11. Loyalist Groups:

Edited to add that my "UVF or whatever" was in reference to the many loyalist groups, just as IRA/PIRA/real IRA etc. It was used for all loyalist groups, I apologise if it was flipant

I jack My fukcink hand in trying to explain

12. My Easter message to the IRA. Get fcuking real, nobody believes your propaganda and sorry has to be sorry, not a conditional sorry.

13. Ah, the good old spirit of Easter :)

14. It not's like it used to be, puking before breakfast as you'd overdosed on chocolate. Hot cross buns with melting butter and yet people still try and give it some sort of religious significance. It's more crap TV, the Pope live to be switched off instantly and more shite from the IRA. It's definitely not like it used to be.

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ah....The White City UVF. Almost started a turf war between themselves & the UDA at Garnerville (Is'nt it Ironic that there is a Loyalist terrorist's living on the doorstep of the PSNI College.
    I might not have served over here but I do live over here & remember some of the worst trouble going.I always felt sorry for the squaddies on a VCP wondering if it was there turn to be attacked by cowards.It's a job I'm glad I never had to do but I'm very grateful to the lads who did for keeping the peace.Ulster is a funny place,you have to have lived/served here to understand it.
    Spike