IR Reflective Glint Tape

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by StoresMong, Feb 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gentlemen,

Being a bit of a stores muppet, i am having the devil of a time trying to locate an NSN for some Infrared Glint Tape.

You know, the stuff you put on your helmet. (The Black stuff only visible through night vision aids).

The normal silver glint tape is not a problem, i have reels of the stuff. i just cant find the IR stuff anywhere.

Any help will be appreciated big style.
  2. Might be a bit harder than that...

And they're $4.50 apiece for the 1" size. Better to keep hunting for the NSN, methinks.
  3. I have manage to get an account with the second company, they are very good for loads of bits you cannot get here.
  4. we make that stuff our NSN is 9390-99-792-2602 hope thats the stuff your looking for, we do magnet and velcro baking too.
  5. Maybe slightly moving away from the thread but the MoD two weeks ago took IRR cloth patches for testing, these have been developed in the UK and the thread can be sewn into anything, currently this thread is not regarded as a restricted Item. I was asked prior to see if I could get it tested and have a friend in North Devon police who is currently having a look at two of the patches, I have a few cloth union jacks if anyone is interested in putting them through their paces. I have refrained in asking any military myself as it is officialy being tested. As I mentioned earlier these are currently not restricted but if you want a look at the ones I have I will post to military address's only.
  6. Getting the NSN wont be a problem however there are dues out until further notcie for IR glint tape! Wait out!