IQ of 83 and below are untrainable, no matter the resources

endure

GCM
Some random remembered dits:
Some Aussies did various comparison tests with a sample group of Abos. 1 was a Kim's Test - so: Toy car, Coin, Matchstick etc. Abo's didn't do too well - ergo, sub intelligent.
Change the items to, Pebble, Twig, Leaf etc. Very different result.
Also, there are different types of thought processes and understanding. Some hunter gatherer types think sequentially (something to do with going from a location and returning to it). Other societies can think in abstract, non linear patterns - things don't have to have obvious connections.
I think some Inuit types visualise things in 3D (maybe because they live in areas you can sink into, snow, sea)
Their bone carvings - rare - were traditionally done for reasons other than decoration and were not meant for keeping. IIRC they're viewable from any direction - let's face it, they're not meant for putting on a mantelpiece so aren't constrained to one dominant plane.
Primitive tribes (i.e. in remote areas with no dependence on more sophisticated civilisation) may have no need for literacy, numeracy or record keeping. If they have such primitive animist belief systems as worshipping sun spirits, water spirits etc. they seem to be generally accepting of the fact that without sun, water, etc - they will die!
Whereas, in our intelligent, advanced and sophisticated societies, with various developed religions...
many believe we're going to go to heaven/paradise.

But they wear loincloths so they must be simple.

Some things are even more basic than that. Speaking a language like English uses the left side of the brain which deals with logic and reasoning.

If you speak a tonal language (Mandarin, Thai) both the left side and the part of the right side of the brain that deals with music are involved.

Some things are even more basic than that. Speaking a language like English uses the left side of the brain which deals with logic and reasoning.

If you speak a tonal language (Mandarin, Thai) both the left side and the part of the right side of the brain that deals with music are involved.

Language uses both sides of the brain - if someone has a right hemisphere stroke, they may develop problems with perceiving and manipulating intonation/prosody regardless of their native language.

The stuff about lateralised specialities for logic etc isn’t strictly true - although Imaybe it was how people thought about the brain at one point in time.

Mathematics for example would uses some of the same cognitive mechanisms that you also use for using the minds eye to manipulate what an object may look like if you changed its colour, rotated it etc.

Not a lie old son, i was on attachment, The 82 & 101 airborne shared a field mess with our lot, i stood and watched two grunts from the land of the free, and home of the terminally stupid was their plates in the communal water reservoir... Ex Dawn patrol. Teulada camp. south Sardinia. April -may 1974. ;)
Its a Lie, a sea story, a fanciful tale of horseshit like Bugsy's service record. Its OK olde tymer now regale us with tales of the SLR
51i6ez.jpg

WhiteCrane

Old-Salt
IDF appear to be recruiting a fair few, and putting them to work at those things they're good at, rather than binning them over the things they can't do. It seems beneficial to all concerned.
In Israel, there are 2 problems! !1, when they turn 21, all support and benefits are cut off completely! 100% gone. 2, you can't get a job over there if you have not done national service. so they are screwed!

Awol

LE
They can always a get a job as a PC technician in PC World, or if they have a bit of ambition maybe a job as a cleaner.
According to their TV ads they only seem to employ people of colour.

I don’t know why they bother advertising at all, they have a monopoly on the high street anyway. 95% of the population won’t have the the savvy (bit of WW1 parlance there) to search the web for a good deal, they won’t understand GBs, TBs, processor speed or whatever a TFT is. No, they pop down to their local Dixon’s/Curry’s/PC World and buy the prettiest thing on the table.

Oddly, considering their bigoted advertising, most PC Worlds are populated by mostly white people (Although they are all managers, even the 17 years old ones).

I’ll never shop there again, and I’ve told them why. They are refusing jobs to white actors in their ads based purely on their skin colour. These are the very people that claim the UK is the most racist country on earth. It’s a parody gone mad.

That then is why presumably the entire third world is daily risking death and paying £6000 a head to get here.

In my experience a lot more than 10% of the population serve no usefull purpose, I expect you have a similar view given your background.
Well, 24yrs of my service was front line and every nick I was at had council estates, the last nick had a huge estate and middling ones doted about, and all were wherever the Luftwaffe had visited in earnest. On its eastern border it had Peckham North as its neighbour and to the south was Brixton... so yeah, I'll go 20%.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Curiously, many moons ago, I said to some Norwegian officers that their language was very musical (think Swedish chefs on the Muppets). They disagreed and found English musical.

My knowledge of Turkish is limited, but that too is musical. Adjectival inflections alter to match the rhythm of the associated noun.

Diogenes' limp

War Hero

I don’t know why they bother advertising at all, they have a monopoly on the high street anyway. 95% of the population won’t have the the savvy (bit of WW1 parlance there) to search the web for a good deal, they won’t understand GBs, TBs, processor speed or whatever a TFT is. No, they pop down to their local Dixon’s/Curry’s/PC World and buy the prettiest thing on the table.

Oddly, considering their bigoted advertising, most PC Worlds are populated by mostly white people (Although they are all managers, even the 17 years old ones).

I’ll never shop there again, and I’ve told them why. They are refusing jobs to white actors in their ads based purely on their skin colour. These are the very people that claim the UK is the most racist country on earth. It’s a parody gone mad.

That then is why presumably the entire third world is daily risking death and paying £6000 a head to get here.
OK, Wilfred, I'll have a go at that one on behalf of .303 SMLE cuddlers everywhere - is the answer Mabel?

still staggin

War Hero
Well, 24yrs of my service was front line and every nick I was at had council estates, the last nick had a huge estate and middling ones doted about, and all were wherever the Luftwaffe had visited in earnest. On its eastern border it had Peckham North as its neighbour and to the south was Brixton... so yeah, I'll go 20%.
I have heard tell of the lands south of the river but I have not visited them , peopled by strange folk from far away. I was a DD officer originally and only strayed as far south as walton street and kensington....

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have heard tell of the lands south of the river but I have not visited them , peopled by strange folk from far away. I was a DD officer originally and only strayed as far south as walton street and kensington....
One of my sons is currently stagging on in Knightsbridge.

still staggin

War Hero
He has my sympathy, it's starting to get a bit chilly now..
( standby for southern " Nancy " abuse ) if he's lucky he will get a sit down from the car or even a stand up from the bikes and they will let him hold onto the heated grips. Glad its all over.....

North of the river, in the posh part of central london, a higher class of tart on offer there, mostly wives of bored higher management executives who spend months abroad with their " Secretary's" in the company's overseas offices. There are several pubs in the locality where one can tab off with a very wealthy bored female for the night, while hubby is away..And before you ask, NO they weren't interested in us lot, Guardsmen were the preferred catch. The higher the rank, the better chance of a night of unbridled shagging. 1973-76

Late edit to add:- A flat in the top floor of the tower accommodation block housed the RMP rebro station, we had to go their on occasions to fix/ repair/ upgrade the radio sets. Which allowed us a good look around the barracks, and the use of their NAAFI.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

I am still shoplifting there, but I black up first

Latest Threads