IQ of 83 and below are untrainable, no matter the resources

I caught a short snippet of a Jordan Peterson interview about this. The US Army did the first work on cognitivity back in 1917 when they needed to recruit and train a million men to fight in France. He is a great exponent of the military in peacetime being a major tool in social mobility, teaching skills, purpose and life experience to lift the poorest and least educated to a more advantageous level.
The cutoff point is the IQ level of 83. 83 and below are untrainable and the interviewer argues with him that surely with time and money anyone in society can be a benefit to themselves and society, but he is adamant, it cannot be done and therefore 10% of the population serve no useful function.

Interesting

An IQ of 83 and less

still staggin

War Hero
In my experience a lot more than 10% of the population serve no usefull purpose, I expect you have a similar view given your background.

I caught a short snippet of a Jordan Peterson interview about this. The US Army did the first work on cognitivity back in 1917 when they needed to recruit and train a million men to fight in France. He is a great exponent of the military in peacetime being a major tool in social mobility, teaching skills, purpose and life experience to lift the poorest and least educated to a more advantageous level.
The cutoff point is the IQ level of 83. 83 and below are untrainable and the interviewer argues with him that surely with time and money anyone in society can be a benefit to themselves and society, but he is adamant, it cannot be done and therefore 10% of the population serve no useful function.

Interesting

An IQ of 83 and less

That’s me done for then.

In my experience a lot more than 10% of the population several no usefull purpose, I expect you have a similar view given your background.
Perhaps we should define useful purpose.

I guess that will change depending where you are, what you are and what's required to survive.

In Brighton, the person that provides purple hair dye is probably very important (to someone who serves no useful purpose...) yet in a small village in Central Africa, a goat has more intrinsic value

I guess that will change depending where you are, what you are and what's required to survive.

In Brighton, the person that provides purple hair dye is probably very important (to someone who serves no useful purpose...) yet in a small village in Central Africa, a goat has more intrinsic value

..and you'd probably get more sense out of the goat...

still staggin

War Hero

A degree of things being relative does come into it

They can always a get a job as a PC technician in PC World, or if they have a bit of ambition maybe a job as a cleaner

llech

LE
Jordan Peterson is a right wing fruit cake who has "interesting" views on all sorts of things that give Gambon de fumes, stiffies.

An IQ test is nothing more than a quiz.

The internet has enabled those with exceptionally poor critical reasoning skills to gang up and create their own shadow society. They have even managed to subvert the mainstream by shouting louder than everyone else. Just look at how XR, BLM and Momentum have managed to drag the media and spineless 'moderate' MPs towards them simply by being visible.

These days, those who can, do. Those who can't make themselves 'special' by putting on 15 stone, getting a load of piercings and tattoos, dying their hair blue, identifying as non binary and screeching louder than anyone else.

Untrainable? In 20 years time, they'll be in charge unless our political masters grow a pair.

I made this argument in another thread how people (including myself sometimes) are guilty of conflating knowledge with intelligence.

Everyone is ignorant about something, and that isn't a 'bad' thing initially, but a person requires a certain threshold of intelligence to overcome that ignorance, even if it's just acquiring a layman's level of knowledge and subsequent enlightenment.

As the OP states, there is a hard percentage of people that are simply 'too stupid' to escape their gross ignorance, and it's not even their fault.

There's a percentage of people that can't genuinely grasp 'cause and effect', and yet there are threads daily highlighting peoples' frustrations with what is seemingly obvious to you and I, isn't to others (like trying cadge a lift on the wheels of a C17 taking off).

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
They can always a get a job as a PC technician in PC World, or if they have a bit of ambition maybe a job as a cleaner
“When the water turns to ice you know it’s cold enough”.

llech

LE
1629283031223.png

Quod erat demonstrandum!

The internet has enabled those with exceptionally poor critical reasoning skills to gang up and create their own shadow society. They have even managed to subvert the mainstream by shouting louder than everyone else. Just look at how XR, BLM and Momentum have managed to drag the media and spineless 'moderate' MPs towards them simply by being visible.

These days, those who can, do. Those who can't make themselves 'special' by putting on 15 stone, getting a load of piercings and tattoos, dying their hair blue, identifying as non binary and screeching louder than anyone else.

Untrainable? In 20 years time, they'll be in charge unless our political masters grow a pair.

SA way ahead of the field on that score. We've had 'em running the country the last quarter century or so.

IQ scores also vary between ethnic groups (it's why Jews win so many Nobel Prizes and many are successful).

This is rarely ever discussed for pretty obvious reasons.

Discussed in detail by Prof Peterson.

Latest Threads