IPSA survey concerning MPs pay increase.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OMJT, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tell them they need an option for :- "MPs should recieve National Minimum Wage plus current benefits".

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would add in many other options, but even Hitler may blush at a few of them...

3. The Right Honourable Margaret Hodge MP recently described her profession as one belonging in the public sector. In keeping therefore with the recommended public sector workers pay rise of 1% she was forthright in commenting that the MP rise should be the same.

If you cannot put a face to her name, check out her recent obliteration of the BBC head sheds and their salary entitlements, describing it as a flagrant abuse of public money. Put Chris Patten and his cohorts on the back foot, in full (tv) public view.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Remember though. Its an independent group that's decided this, so that means its all alright.

5. And of course DC disagrees with it, but sadly his hands are tied!

6. independent my arse.

7. Apparently we get the parliamentarians we deserve; jeez what the ***** did we do to get the present load of greedy, self absorbed, out of touch, troughing scumbags..................... that'll be a season ticket on the next outr*ge bus along please.....and I just know there'll be three together!

PS, I shall research/google how many of these outstanding 'public servants' started in either (a). the legal profession (b). the PR 'industry' (now there's a misnomer if there ever was one) (c). a real job

8. Funny how the Armed Forces Independent Pay Review Body can be given very clear guidelines on how much money is available and if the Government still don't like their recommendation, they can and often have staged the payment.

But this approach is not applicable to MP's pay - oh no!

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

It's not the pay that concerns me, it's the ability to cream off £125,000 a year in expenses for stuff the rest of us have to pay for out of wages, such as food, mortgage, cleaner, gardener, etc., all without receipts.

My employer is nowhere near as generous and is adamant that only expenses supported by receipts will be considered.

Add to that the non-contributory pension, free meals and subsidised wine cellar, plus severance pay for a job which has a five year limit when you take it on, you can surmise that the salary is for savings or investment and the taxpayer funds everything else you might do.

Greedy isn't nearly a good enough word to describe it!

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

by the way I don't have a cleaner and a gardener - just that MPs do and we pay for them. Probablyone in each or all of their taxpayer funded homes.