ipods... Youve Just Got to Love Them!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Gundulph, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why did he have an ipod on patrol? Perhaps if he hadn't had it he would have heard the insurgent coming and shot him before he was hit himself.

2. Can an I-pod really stop a 7.62 round? I thought these go through engine blocks?

BB

3. http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/1/61/134/1871/3220

They shoot a very large book, zippo lighter and a pack of cards, none of which stop a reasonable calibre round, they didn't do an Ipod but I for one don't believe for one second that it would stop a straight on hit from a 7.62.

4. Old wives tale.

5. The story said that the Ipod slowed the round down enough so that it didn't penetrate his body armour

6. Probably reckoned it might be theieved if he left it with whatever storage
    he had at his bunk space or might have some down time where he could use it.

7. Probably reckoned it might be theieved if he left it with whatever storage
    he had at his bunk space or might have some down time where he could use it.Or maybe he broke it and was looking too claim on kit insurance :twisted: .

8. Would have to be an old 60 gig IMHO as the new generation 30 and 80 gig and the the Nano have the width of standard shi'thouse paper!

9. Total nonsense! The SAPI plate in the US Interceptor body armour will stop an AK round at point blank range. The iPod would have made no difference to the outcome.

10. We talking about the US Army here, Mac.

11. Nah, I'm sure that that the i-pod made no difference to the round, and the body-armour did all the stopping. But by telling this story the guy gets his name in the papers and hopefully a new i-pod from Apple.

Cynical, moi?

PB