ipod touch?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by vvaannmmaann, Jun 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bought one off evilbay that is "unlocked to all networks" apparently.So I swap the SIM cards over,I'm on Vodafone.Try to sync to itunes and get fecked off with a message saying my SIM card is not compatible.Does this mean I have to go to O2 from now on?
  2. That would be an iphone then, not an ipod touch.
  3. No,it's an ipod Touch.
  4. Call Apple.

Does your Sim card have a data plan with it?
  5. If it is a Touch it's very different from mine, what Generation?
  6. There's always the chance they lied about it being unlocked to make it more sellable!
  7. Ipod touch, is an iphone, without the phone. You need a simcard for the data (internet etc)
  8. Again mine doesn't have a slot for a sim card so it must be embedded, it picks up wifi networks easily enough.
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

you need a compatible sim card for the Iphone. network should send them out free if you ask
  10. I've got an iPod Touch, it does not take a sim card, it is wi-fi (and bluetooth) only.
  11. Haha, so you got sold an iPod touch which has a sim card but it's locked to a particular provider,even though the seller told you it wasn't. Either you have been ripped off or there is wahness about.
  12. Touch ( any gen) doesn't have a sim card,

Go to :
    Down to model number and put it into Apple support and it will ID what you've bought