Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by RangeStew, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How safe is it using the internet on an Ipod Touch, as there is no virus checker etc.

2. If you're planning on buying an iPod Touch, wait a few weeks the new ones are to be announced soon & rumour has it that they have the same stuff as the iPhone - inbuilt video camera, twice as much ram, processor etc - the guy who made Doom basically said the new iPhone (and thus the new Touch) is about as powerful as the first xbox.

Reference internet use; I'm not sure. I've had an iPhone for about two years now, and I've never had any problems surfing the web with it - certainly never had a virus. Although you can't view all sites as it's not currently supporting Adobe Flash.

3. Thanks and bugger I've just bought one :D

4. Mac stuff uses an OS built on LInux. No viruses.

5. There a few Mac Viruses about actually.

6. But if you put admin settings on, you have to type in a password to install them :) Although I think Apple normally sorts out any vulnerabilities/virus fixes in the regular security updates us mac users get.

7. Sept 9 is the announcement date for the new ipods in the USA

8. And as more are sold, the hackers may turn to this OS to create problems, unfortunatly.

9. There are a few mac virus's out there, your chances of getting one are next til nil though. In terms of the touch and iphone os...

tap settings
    safari
    javascript:eek:n
    plug-ins:eek:n
    block pop-ups:eek:n
    accept cookies: never
    and as recent as u can but not too much, clear ur history, cookies and cache

The app store is also checked by Apple, each app is checked and certified as not having a virus or malicous code.
    I have never heard of a virus on this platform and would suggest its nothing to worry about but if you follow the steps above its pretty much impossible unless you jailbreak your touch and download apps illegally.