Ipod Nano

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by mushroom, Aug 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My idiot wife gave my Ipod nano to a nine year old to play with.

The child has entered a code into some sort of security device and doesn't know what he entered.

I don't have the original computer that I used to enter everything on the ipod.

What do I do to get into the thing without losing 700 odd tracks.

As a side issue anybody want to buy a wife and small boy. Preferably to use the pair of them as chimney sweeps.

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Think you need to give them a good kicking

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1350

Unlocking iPod
    You can unlock iPod in one of two ways:

Enter the combination on iPod using the same controls you used to set the combination. If you do not enter the correct combination, the digits onscreen flash red. When you enter the combination correctly, iPod will unlock and return you to the last viewed screen.
    Connect iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
    If you can't unlock iPod using either of these methods, you can restore your iPod to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to iPod

3. Cheers - I worked that lot out for myself.

Looks like I've lost everything.

4. On a similiar note my eldest was lent my iPod Touch & cables to go to his cousins and have a bit of a YouTube party, play games etc (under supervision !!)

He came home today with loads of free Apps & cr@p on it. The wee bu99er is currently awaiting an Orderly Room & will be on Extras until he is about 26yrs of age.

I have done a few Syncs & even gone back to factory settings & scrubbed it. Luckily my music is back on it. My Google Earth & few freebie useful Apps have all re-appeared.

For some reason Apps that I paid for (Chess & games etc for the wee ones) are still on iTunes on the PC but will not go back onto the Touch.

It's only about £20 worth of games but is a bit annoying. I can see the files & their size they do not want to go back onto the Touch.

Have been on the Touch helpsite. If I have to drive to the Apple store then young K will have Motor Milieage & Car Parking deducted from his JPA (Junior Pocket Allowance).

Any iPod Touch gurus about or anybody else experienced anything similiar ?

Rgds

K