ipod Nano replacement.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been given an iphone by Father Christmas,I thought I'd get rid of the Nano.
    I put it onto Evilbay and instantly had 12 people "watching" I was then contacted by some Irish bloke who explained the interest.Taking his advice I went onto the Apple website to see if the Nano was eligible for exchange.
    Their site kept freezing me out,so rang their Help Line.I was informed that the Nano was a Gen2 and not included in the exchange programme.
    I still had doubts so took it into the Apple shop In Tunbridge Wells this morning.
    The youth says"Oh yes that's a Gen 1,we'll get that changed for you"

So if you have an old Nano Gen 1 in your sock draw it may be worth looking into.
    Apple say they wil replace it with a refurbished Nano - however the youth in the shop showed me the latest delivery they had for exchange,they are Gen6
  2. How much does it cost? I have a gen 2 that has gone t*ts up and I have been looking for a replacement. I got my iphone 3gs replaced for £139 from apple for a reconditioned one.
  3. A better exchange would have been for a standard MP3 player. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry mate,I din't explain that very well did I?
    There is a problem with the Gen 1 Nano,seems the battery overheats,so appld did a recall for the Gen 1.

I'm Bored - Google "iPod Nano exchange"or similar and you'll get a link to Applecare.You are supposed to be able to check the serial number to see if your Nano is affected,but I only ever got a blank screen,hence the visit to the shop.
    Good luck with it!
  5. I have a Gen 1 lurking somewhere too that is sha*ged. Will be popping down to the Apple shop later this week I think.
  6. If it has the black or white front and silver back plate you should be fine.
  7. Mine arrived this morning and I was a bit surprised! It's a lot smaller than my original Nano, so I hope I don't lose it. But I agree with vanman, it's worth digging up your old nano. The exchange was a minimum of fuss and I have a shiny new gadget to get me through the dullest of months of the year :).
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It took a little less than 5 weeks after I'd send it back to Apple. Best of it was the note that came with it: "In some cases due to limited availability of replacement stock of iPod nano (1st generation) Apple may have replaced your iPod with a more recent iPod model of equivalent or better specification".

And they did. It has a touch screen, double the amount of storage space and it has a clip so I can attach it to my shirt when running instead of shoving it under a bra strap.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mine has apparently shipped yesterday... took rather longer than 5 weeks though. Think I sent it off in November.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Just arrived - pretty pleased. It's half the physical size of my old one, twice the capacity and it has other bits built in too, like a radio.