IPod/IPhone Apps

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#1
What are the best apps for IPod Touch ad IPhone? Do you have any that are worth paying for? What are the best free apps?
 
#2
Legs said:
What are the best apps for IPod Touch ad IPhone? Do you have any that are worth paying for? What are the best free apps?
Shazam, recognises any music you record, great for getting the name of that elusive tune.
 
#4
urbanspoon
 
#7
jailbreak it.
 
#9
I had an Itouch which I had purchased over £200 apps and music for, I sold the Itouch and my PC was broken.

I recently got an Iphone and found all the music and stuff is gone for good and you can't re-download your purchased stuff more than once (I had to do a system restore so already used up my "free" download)

So I pirated the shit out of it using jailbreak, don't buy anything from itunes, you are not paying to own the program or song you are paying to use it for a while, it's a f*cking rip-off.
 
#10
depends on what you want really. get an itunes account. from there. when you've got your app store account set up on your device, once you click on it, you'd get the top free apps. alternatively, you can search for what you'd like. best to try the free apps first. nothing to lose if you dont like it :)
 
#12
Good morning, can someone in the know be more specific about 'jailbreak', where do you get it from, what exactly does it do, what adverse affects (if any) does it have on your iphone/ipod?

Not really into, nor do I own an ipod/iphone its for Mrs Notty who has spent a considerable amount of money, time and effort loading and personalising her device.

If I encouraged her to download something which potentially could harm her modern marvel of a phone, my life would not be worth living.

I can't Google it as the works PC Police keep blocking me.

Cheers in advance.

Notty.
 
#13
nottyash said:
Good morning, can someone in the know be more specific about 'jailbreak', where do you get it from, what exactly does it do, what adverse affects (if any) does it have on your iphone/ipod?

Not really into, nor do I own an ipod/iphone its for Mrs Notty who has spent a considerable amount of money, time and effort loading and personalising her device.

If I encouraged her to download something which potentially could harm her modern marvel of a phone, my life would not be worth living.

I can't Google it as the works PC Police keep blocking me.

Cheers in advance.

Notty.
http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/ipod/touch/jailbreak/
 
#15
mark1234 said:
I had an Itouch which I had purchased over £200 apps and music for, I sold the Itouch and my PC was broken.

I recently got an Iphone and found all the music and stuff is gone for good and you can't re-download your purchased stuff more than once (I had to do a system restore so already used up my "free" download)

So I pirated the s*** out of it using jailbreak, don't buy anything from itunes, you are not paying to own the program or song you are paying to use it for a while, it's a f*cking rip-off.
Alternatively you could have backed it all up and it would have been available to use on Iphone. If you approach them honestly (Apple) and have a reasonable explanation they will let you download all your music etc - but only once!
 
#16
cakenarse said:
Proberly going to sound stupid but here goes, what is this jailbreak???
It's the best way to invalidate your warranty or any support you might get from Apple.

But then I purchased a 3GS SIM-free and officially unlocked from play.com so I have the best of both worlds.
 
#17
Jailbreaking your Ipod allows you to use non-apple apps on you Iphone, and allows you to pirate games etc.

If you're not interested in the above and not techno savvy, don't do it as you run the risk of bricking your iphone.

Hellfyyr, I did contact them but they told me I had already been granted a "free" download, and explained to me that due to digital rights management I don't own the stuff I have purchased, I'm just paying to use it for a while, my logic is I've already paid for this stuff once at full album prices so I don't feel an ounce of guilt in pirating it.
 
#18
mark1234 said:
Jailbreaking your Ipod allows you to use non-apple apps on you Iphone, and allows you to pirate games etc.

If you're not interested in the above and not techno savvy, don't do it as you run the risk of bricking your iphone.
Not strictly true, as there is always a way to fix a non responsive Ipod/Iphone,

However it can be tricky to jailbreak if as you say not completely IT savvy, But with the release of Blackra1n (google) its so much easier to do
 
#19
mark1234 said:
Jailbreaking your Ipod allows you to use non-apple apps on you Iphone, and allows you to pirate games etc.

If you're not interested in the above and not techno savvy, don't do it as you run the risk of bricking your iphone.
Not strictly true, as there is always a way to fix a non responsive Ipod/Iphone,

However it can be tricky to jailbreak if as you say not completely IT savvy, But with the release of Blackra1n (google) its so much easier to do
 

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
#20
Jailbreaking is altering the firmware within the iPhone, i.e. changing the operating system - this is illegal and will invalidate all Apple support.

Unlocking is removing the allegiance to a particular service provider - not illegal in any way shape or form but still Apple will nix your warranty.

As for great apps, Bloomberg is great for numbers news, Facebook to waste swaths of time, Movies to keep you occupied in down time and AllRecipes to give you loads of ideas to look pretty nifty in the kitchen.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top