Ipod/I-river to car stereo gadgets

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by brettarider, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a I-river type gadget that allows you to listen to your MP3 player over a car stereo seen a few on e-pay just wondered what ones best :?
  2. Best to fork out £150 to get the Ipod car kit which links into your aux stereo input. It only takes Halfords 40 mins to fit the bracket and you've now got a great big fcuk off cd-changer.

I had the Griffin Itrips which send the signal over FM and they are crap in comparison. They're already for using in hirecars etc but you're better off getting one that mimics a cd changer.
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Harmon-Kardon iPod kit (DriveTunes or something like it), is excellent, I had one in my last car. It allows you to play the iPod through the car stereo, has a controller that has the same features as the iPod, and a separate display so you can see menus and what's playing.
  4. i got one of the iTrip copies of e-bay and it works a treat. Plug one end into your cigarette lighter and the other into your iPod and you can listen to the tunes on the high part of the FM band (107.9Mhz). Works a treat.

I paid around £2.99 for mine, including postage.
  5. That's what I'm looking at what brand is yours?
  6. I just bought one of these...

and its pretty good. Thing I like about it most is you can set your own frequencies and memorise them (3 channels) depending on what frequency local broadcasters in your area are on. Alot of the ones on Ebay are 4 Fixed frequency channels.

Mine was a white version of the above pic and came with Cigarrette lighter to USB style socket adapter and a lead to connect that to the transmitter. Alternatively it lasts quite a while on 2 AAA batteries.

Plenty more HERE.

Watch the postage as this kind of cheap article is rife for Ebay sellers building some profit into the postage costs.