Ipod for Basic

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by army_rec, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has already been answered, i did use the search function but some of the threads have 160 pages . . . i looked through a few of them but couldnt find my answer and thought it would be much quicker to just get my question directly answered.

I am one of the very few people that doesnt actually own an Ipod and was wondering is it worth me splashing out on one for Basic Training or will just a cheap 1 that holds a few of my favourite stuff suffice?
  2. Don't splash out on one. You will be issued one on day one of training preloaded with lesson notes, training aids and motivational music for gym work and running in your spare time. They come in a tougher black non reflective shell which is harder than the High Street version.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Neither, some **** will probably nick it, or borrow it and 'leave it under your pillow' when they 'returned' it. If you have to, get a crappy mp3 player for a tenner, so if it does get taxed by some filthy toerag, you can fill the **** in. As you do it, you can say 'you got a kicking for a tenners worth of tat you mug!' As you gouge your thumb in his eye
  4. Not worth getting one then? Presume i wont get much time to make the expence worthwhile.
  5. Only compulsory if you're training to join a navy boarding party
    • Like Like x 1
  6. there are few people here in basic,who are using laptops ...iphones and all guci stuff ..somehow they find time and nobody ever had anything misssing...
  7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Give it three months and then get an iPhone with your huge salary.
  8. I'm likeing the sound of being issued an iPod. Do people take there phones?
  9. Something must be wrong then!

DS, not working them hard enough?
  10. You are henceforth to be known as 'Silly Little Prick' you silly little prick.
  11. I never knew that. I learnt something today, that's more than I can say about my local comprehensive:)
  12. Only Iranians...
    • Like Like x 2
  13. thats a joke isnt it :)
  14. If basic is anything like it was in my day, you'll not get much time to use your ipod.
  15. In which year did you do basic?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.