iPod - Barry White just won't show.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by dingerr, Sep 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a 2nd gen iPod nano. I've been completely honest and purchased all the songs on it. Some itunes, some tesco online, others Cds.

I initially had all the tunes on my PC. I've now got a laptop whilst in Headley Court and when I plug the iPod in only the tunes purchased from itunes show. When I play the iPod normally all the songs are available.

I'm desperate for some loving from the big one. please help.

Just for the pleasure of the unenlightened

YouTube - Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Baby.
  2. do you get itunes to automatically update your ipod or are you doing it manually
  3. Not sure I understand your dilemma properly but 3 possibilities spring to my mind:

1. If Nanos function the same way as Classics and Touches, no iPod can be synced to more than 1 computer - if you have half your music on the PC, and the rest on the laptop, the Nano is only gonna sync to one of them. If you decide to transfer the 'sync' relationship from the PC to the Lappie, the process will delete from the iPod everything that is not on the lappie.

2. If you have copied everything from the PC to the lappie (and I hope, kept a duplicate on the PC), then it should be safe to do a 'sync' which will bring your iPod into line with the lappie.

3. Alternatively, if that still won't do it, and you have music on the lappie that the iPod 'can't find' then it might be that you need to instruct iTunes to 'add Folder to library', using the drop-down menus ('File', I think) which should ensure that iTunes will manage music in folders on the hard drive that were not created by iTunes.

Stands back waiting to be told Dingerr's already done all this without success, and that Stonker is an official iPod biff.
  4. I am too an iPod biff (Well Phillips AYGO AZIZ 8GB)

Connected mine to my lappie to add a CD I'd just ripped and somehow both devices deleted each other leaving only the new CD ripped. 2 years of downloads and CD rips and 2500+ songs all gone. Attempts top restore from a back-up or previous save point no joy.

5. Dunno if this will help, but it's worht a crack. Download "Recuva" (get the portable version and unzip it onto a memeory stick for ease of use), and see if it can find you deleted files.

If it works, you may need to change the filenames back to what they were - you should be able to use any one of a number of free batch renamer utilities to help automate that.

Good luck

(Other undelete software is available for free - I don't know it all), and file recovery servics will guarnatee to get yr music back - for a price
  6. I have a similiar problem I have all my music files on my pc and they appear in the ipd libray however when I attempt to play them from the libary it says selected file not found, any ideas for a technophobe on how to remedy this ?
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

well, he is barry white - perhaps he just cant fit into an Ipod.

incidentally, if apple kit 'just works' why do they need tech support??
  8. Did you sort it?

If so - who gets credit: ArRSers or Civvies?
  9. No I've been bone idle. It's on my list to do.
  10. That admission will leave several million middle-aged women of my generatoion, weak at the knees, aghast and astounded at the fact that you can so easily shrug off his velvety vocals.

You are obviously just a young tart ;-)
  11. No I've still got him on CD, comes out alright squeezed through the sound system.
  12. I stand by my original diagnosis.
  13. Another ipod question,
    when i plug it into my laptop it now recognises the ipod as just another portable device and doesnt open itunes,
    when i open itunes then connect it again its "just another device"
    i really dont want to reset my itouch but if itll work ill go for it.
    Any ideas?