iPod app

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by HEART_STOPPER, Aug 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some of the threads have multiple pages however the app seems to choose which ones I get the option of pages to choose from.
    Is it just me or is it a site/app issue. What I mean is say I want to check out a thread and there's 50 pages at the top I normally get some numbers allowing me to choose which page I goto. However some threads only put me on page 1 and there's no numbers do my only option is to press next page umpteen times.
    Hopefully that explains the problem. Cheers. HS

2. Not just you

3. Ah ok I'm not going mad then.

4. No, me too.

5. Is this being looked into by the MODS?

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The app you're talking about has been withdrawn from iTunes and a new version of the old ARRSE app (if you see what I mean) is being worked on at the moment. I think the best solution is to uninstall the vBulletin-based one you have and use the old ARRSE app, which will upgrade in the coming weeks:

App Store - Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) Forum App

Sorry for the confusion.

7. on a similar note, on the iphone app, when one looks at the threads to which one has made a contribution "Latest", "Participated", if a particular thread has more than a hundred pages (e.g. "Self Taken Photo Collection), upon clicking once, one get to the first page, rather than the one with ones own last contribution or latest post. You have to click on "participated" once more (effectively go back), and click (-press, tap, you get the idea) the thread once more to get to last read post in thread. curiously does not happen if fewer than 100pages to a tread.
    Get it?

8. HHH

HHH LE

I found that only happened with the new version ( the v bulletin one) if you use the original one it doesn't happen.
    So as Good CO says just use the original one and wait on the updated version of it.

9. Thank you very much I'll sort that now!

10. Heart stop that happens to me but if I go back them into the article again pressing on the arrow it takes me to the last page.