iPod app for snipers?

#3
Well I'm no expert but if that's a DiMarco in that picture, and you're planning to attach your ipod to it, surely the enemy will be pretty bloody close by the time you've worked out your trajectory and you're not going to need to know it anymore?
 
#5
redsquirrel said:
Well I'm no expert but if that's a DiMarco in that picture, and you're planning to attach your ipod to it, surely the enemy will be pretty bloody close by the time you've worked out your trajectory and you're not going to need to know it anymore?
But you can play "I like big butts" whilst engaging the enemy!!

or

STOP!!!!! HAMMERTIME!!!!
 
#6
So every time you make a guestimate on range/windage etc, and input the data onto your Ipod, you have to move your supporting hand off of the stock?

That's assuming that the target isn't already driving off laughing in his Taliwagon, because you've taken soooo fucking long.
 
#7
FatBoyGeorge said:
So every time you make a guestimate on range/windage etc, and input the data onto your Ipod, you have to move your supporting hand off of the stock?

That's assuming that the target isn't already driving off laughing in his Taliwagon, because you've taken soooo fucking long.
Perhaps the spotter can input the data with a covert blade of grass, and read off the values?
 
#9
smudge67 said:
redsquirrel said:
Well I'm no expert but if that's a DiMarco in that picture, and you're planning to attach your ipod to it, surely the enemy will be pretty bloody close by the time you've worked out your trajectory and you're not going to need to know it anymore?
But you can play "I like big butts" whilst engaging the enemy!!

or

STOP!!!!! HAMMERTIME!!!!
Could that be STOP!!!! TRIGGERTIME

Or Galvanise by the Chemical Brothers - I kept singing to myself 'World - my finger is on the trigger. ' whenever I heard it on the radio

Executioner style by Linkin Park, don't know about sniping but great for FISCH

45 caliber killer but outta the filla
Elevated show your brothas how your not a gorilla
Smooth talking fully automatic weapon constiller
Taste thrilla, great filler
Hit 'em with the godzilla
 
#13
Shouldn´t they be spending their R&D on a tide table app for the Royal Navy?

Or a "can we get away" app, for working out speed of your boat compared to the Iranian Repulican Guard boats?
 
#15
it says that one of it's presets is for the "KAC PDW"
PDW stands for Personal Defence Weapon, and PDW's are usualy short barreled carbine type weapons (or shorter) intended to be a sort of rifle/SMG cross, that can be used by vehicle crews, air crew, and other people who need a shorter weapon than the standard issue weapons, but want rifle grade firepower, not available from an SMG. (e.g. people involved in FIBUA, CQB or whatever else you want to call it) am I right so far?

So why on gods earth do you want to calculate range, ajustments for wind ect.on a weapon using iron sights, or a red-dot type sight in some cases, with maximum effective ranges in the 200-300m bracket (according to manurefacturers) weird.
 
#16
It's not DiMarco, it used to be Diemaco and it's now called Colt Canada.

The rifle shown is none of the above anyway, it's a Knight Armament Coy M-110
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
[Trainspotting mode]There's quite a number of ballistics programs out there, some of which will work from a PDA.

They are not only used by military personnel, but reloaders, competition shooters and hunters. These programs can take a lot of the work out of zeroeing and accurate shooting, and are especially useful for the really long range stuff.

When using military rifles, you quickly memorise what is basically a set amount of data and calculations for windage, range, angle, temperature, humidity etc., but when using commercial rifles, you might be using any number of different brands, calibres, bullet weights and powder loads depending on what you are hunting or shooting at.

With ballistics software, you can log the results of your hand-loads for a historical record, and some programs will even print out a strip to go on your particular scope elevation and windage turrets, so rather than working in 1/4 MOA clicks for example, you'd simply rotate the elevation drum to the required range as marked on the strip.

A properly configured ballistics program would accurately tell you the number of clicks to come down from your normal zero at 600m when the temperature has gone up by 20 deg., with 'x' humidity - thus your first shot could be right on the button rather than and inch or two out.

I could go on forever, but the nub of it is, in certain circumstances, a ballistics program, either on a desktop PC, laptop or PDA can be an excellent resource.[/Trainspotting mode]
 
#19
JJ123 said:
No doubt all the walty airsoft snipers will be downloading this, an essential tool for 'neutralising' 'tangos' and the like.
If the target is 30 metres away aim 8 foot above his head so your plastic replica can get a sponge ball on target :D
 
#20
The weapon and you, if you want a kinky threesome it will be the blame game when it all goes wrong. I'm quite happy to be an inch or two out at 600 so long as my second round could keyhole the first.

PS. "Take the work out of zeroing!!! You have got to be taking the piss!
 

Latest Threads