iPhone Users - ARRSE Application Testers Wanted!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Bad CO, Sep 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As I think I may have mentioned before, we're in the process of having an ARRSE App for iPhone created by an external team. Unfortunately neither GCO or myself have easy access to one (we both have Android phones) so are unable to get any testing done. To that end we'd like someone who has an iPhone and is willing to give us feedback to assist with some testing.

Ideally the willing volunteer should already have used the Tapatalk App as it will be very similar to that. If you're interested in helping us out then pse drop me a Private Message with the UID of your iPhone. This link will tell you how to find it.

TIA

2. I have tapatalk, just downloading Ad Hoc Helper, and will send a PM

3. Bad CO

Cheers - no more testers needed!

4. Are there plans for an Android app in the pipeline then?

5. Bad CO

Not until we get a lot richer and/or more people use Android than iPhone!

I've personally coughed up the $2.99 for the Tapatalk App which does pretty much everything you want and is generally all round awesome for ARRSE on the move!

6. Am I doing something "odd" as I cannot get taptalk to show me "new threads" that i have interest in and ignore those I've not marked follow. Must be bone.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

8. Bad CO

I find that under favorites/topics there are all the threads I've created, responded or subscribed to, is that what you are after?

P.s I know it is the US spelling of favourites....

Sent using Tapatalk from my phone

9. Well, I found ARRSE on Tapatalk last night. Do you want me to do anything or not?

10. Bad CO

It is really frustrating at the moment as we're waiting for Apple to authorise our App store. Once this is done you'll be able to download the trial ARRSE App before we release it to the general public! Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to hurry Apple ......

11. Good ol' Apple ;) How come I can access it on Tapatalk?

12. Cow

Cow LE

Edit for being a mong and not reading last post. Will the iPhone app have a 'last 50 posts' button?

13. I used tapatalk yesterday - no bother.

14. Bad CO

Glad to hear that people are getting on ok with Tapatalk. We've just had the first draft of the iPhone App back and are currently testing it. A bit later than we'd hoped but at least progress is being made.

And for Cow, the app shows all unread posts since you last visit so basically yes to your question

15. So far, so good. The Arrse app was very easy to install, took 5 mins. A flid can do it. Looks like tapatalk, will keep testing to see what I can break.

Any objectives?