iPhone to Android; anyone made the move?

And it's nice to have a working phone again, which doesn't scream "out of memory or storage" every single hour. The iPhone6S is nice - but because it was boxed up for so long and whatever the the charging cable didn't work. Solved by a £1.99 cable from a local shop.

And apps actually work! I couldn't even get most of the basics like Uber etc. barely work on my 2012 dodgy back up one!
You can get them from the Pound shop, not sure how much

No actually at you. Always assuming I am taking money away from the state etc. F-off will ya. My last exchange with you.
thank God

Point being?
Point being that I had a backup phone for the last 6 months originating from 2012 which could not take on even the most basic apps/ they weren't supported on that software - and there wasn't enough space for SW upgrade - and the signal quality was shit.

It feels good to have a phone which works with everything and communicates easily with the whole Apple laptop/iPad/iCloud.

And no, I didn't get anything else. Can't afford. This itself was a painful 170 quid decision but had to be made.

JNM

War Hero
Point being that I had a backup phone for the last 6 months originating from 2012 which could not take on even the most basic apps/ they weren't supported on that software - and there wasn't enough space for SW upgrade - and the signal quality was shit.

It feels good to have a phone which works with everything and communicates easily with the whole Apple laptop/iPad/iCloud.

And no, I didn't get anything else. Can't afford. This itself was a painful 170 quid decision but had to be made.
I was talking about cheaper android phones

A cheap 10" iPad announced too. I have a latest iPad mini which I bought for trekking, but I’m temped to get the 10" to use for work.
I am a dinosaur...still sticking with my Mac book pro from late 2013, an iPad 2 from 2011 and and a iPhone 6S. They work fine, mostly - batteries are deteriorating, obviously. Will see how long I can keep them going.

I am a dinosaur...still sticking with my Mac pro from late 2013, an iPad 2 from 2011 and and a iPhone 6S. They work fine, mostly - batteries are deteriorating, obviously. Will see how long I can keep them going.

I had an older iPad mini but the screen smashed when I got a static shock whilst scanning into Edinburgh airport last year. A shame as I think the GPS on that model was better than the newer model (not that I rely on it for map reading the entire route, but offline google maps is great for finding nearest shops etc).

But otherwise I’m the same - currently posting on an old iPhone 6S plus, and my work machine is a 2015 MacBook Air. Hoping to get a 2017 iMac they also have laying around soon though.

I had an older iPad mini but the screen smashed when I got a static shock whilst scanning into Edinburgh airport last year. A shame as I think the GPS on that model was better than the newer model (not that I rely on it for map reading the entire route, but offline google maps is great for finding nearest shops etc).

But otherwise I’m the same - currently posting on an old iPhone 6S plus, and my work machine is a 2015 MacBook Air. Hoping to get a 2017 iMac they also have laying around soon though.
I "cracked" my right side of MBP a couple of months ago - not really "cracked" but some HW problem. Apple wanted about 500 quid, but said I can still keep working on it, if I was gentle with it.

I wanted to pull the trigger and get a new MBP because it was only another 500 quid, but I like my ports and hate the dongle life...so for now, sticking with it. It still functions fine...just have to adjust the browser size a bit.

The same reason I bought an iPhone 6S after losing my old one....I hate notches and I would rather have a headphone jack. Like I said, I am getting old and getting bit of a dinosaur..

Android ever since the first OS upgrade on my Ipad (which now serves as a doorstop). Phone and a couple of tablets all synced into my PC and printer and, they don't cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Latest Threads