iPhone Repairs (Smashed Screen)

Hi Everyone.

Anybody got experience of having the glass screen on their iPhone replaced?

My daughter has smashed hers but the insurance want £100.00 while I've found firms online via the Mail who will do it with guarantee for £45.00. Anybody got experience and recommendations?

All tips appreciated; TVM in advance.

Many indoor markets etc offer low cost replacements, prices depend on location really,

I got mrs Beemers done & cost no more than £25 & done within an hour

However prices of £45 is fairly common

Hi Everyone.

Anybody got experience of having the glass screen on their iPhone replaced?

My daughter has smashed hers but the insurance want £100.00 while I've found firms online via the Mail who will do it with guarantee for £45.00. Anybody got experience and recommendations?

All tips appreciated; TVM in advance.
Type in 'iPhone glass screen' on eBay, anything from £4-£30 with the 'special' removal tool and instructions.

I went to the apple shop and they replaced it for free.

P

PrinceAlbert

Do it yourself, it's easy. There are a couple of fiddly ribbon cables underneath, but nothing difficult.

Any recommendations?
One of the Galaxy series, I'm quite happy with mine (Galaxy S, not bleeding edge anymore, but does everything I want it to do).

I wouldn't intentionally try this but it is interesting.
[video=youtube;elKxgsrJFhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=elKxgsrJFhw[/video]

Yes went to the apple shop and they replaced it for free.
[TABLE="width: 451"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 451"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
It's true. I was nice to them and didn't tell them I dropped it, and they did it for free. Disbelieve if you want, but it happened.

If your replacing a 4 or 4S make sure u get a screen replacement that includes the "digitizer", or wotever it's called. Ive replaced my twice now and its a piece of piss... just takes a steady hand (from experience...avoid after a night in the mess).