iPhone released in UK!

Taz_786 said:
The iPhone's out and all the mongish behaviour by its fanboys are p*ssing me off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7085643.stm

Aside the fact that its a non-video recording, non-group texting, non-3G device that costs £269 for the handset alone, on top of a minimum £35 monthly contract for 18 months...I much prefer my Nokia for reasons best explained by this guy:

The iPhone is a piece of sh*t...and so is your face.

F*** the iPhone!
So how much did you pay for it then?

First out of the store with the £269 internet enabled device was 20-year-old north London student Tom Jasinski who said "It was worth the wait".

"I got here 26 hours ago," he told PA. "It is a great piece of hardware. It is a great thing and I love it."
Hmmm.. wonder if he'll still love it when he gets mugged for it or finds out it's a crap in comparison to its rivals?
I hate apple as a company; I'd rather have a monopoly on OS's than a monopoly on hardware, and the only people who buy the stuff in my experiance are fanboy's who buy it because its 'cool'.

Taz_786 said:
The iPhone's out and all the mongish behaviour by its fanboys are p*ssing me off.

Aside the fact that its a non-video recording, non-group texting, non-3G device that costs £269 for the handset alone, on top of a minimum £35 monthly contract for 18 months...I much prefer my Nokia for reasons best explained by this guy:

F*** the iPhone!
I bet you found that when you googled "phone sex" didn't you!

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Taz????? Been meaning to ask you, what's your avatar???

Emperor's new clothes from Apple once again. A triumph of marketing over engineering.

Pish, and horrendously overpriced pish at that.

This is my rather bashed phone:

£30 brand new and does all the stuff the iphone does, and some stuff it does not.

Attachments

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
This is the mobile I have....

;)

It's a brick....but not an i-brick...

not seen that since the 80s

p.s. Im quite happy with mine too, Nokia N70 and don't feel the need to upgrade as it fulfills my needs just fine, Plays Music from my PC, spare back up Camera 2 meg Pixels, Calculator, alarm, connects to the internet as required, I can top using the net no need to go to shop for voucher oh and its a Phone. :D

I just love the way people are suckered into paying ridiculous amounts of money for phone features they'll never actually use.

My phone has an address book, text messaging and an alarm. Who needs anything else?

Taz_786 said:

Aside the fact that its a non-video recording, non-group texting, non-3G device that costs £269 for the handset alone, on top of a minimum £35 monthly contract for 18 months...I much prefer my Nokia for reasons best explained by this guy.
He'll be the first one to complain that he can't afford to pay his rent, or student fees, cos he's blown most of his money on a fcucking phone!!!

What a complete and utter C0CK!!

LOL. Quite happy with mine thanks. Phone now connected to the house wifi network and have used it to make this post.

Have also loaded a couple of DVDs and sh"t loads of music onto it. Sorry, those of you that say that other phones do the same are wrong. However, it is expensive and not for everyone.

Taking cover. :D

Taz_786 said:

F*** the iPhone!

I got ta ipone an is rally kool man , it has all , I meen all rounded edges, a meen dats a real life saver man , cool an that , fink an all dos kool birds looking to av a go wid ma i pone man kool an that all life savin devises man , I kan call ma mum an ask her all sorts of kool stuf like , how u doining an bring me a cup of tea an all sorts of kool stuf, like man real life saving stuff, Look at dos kool edges on the iphone real kool I live in Londoon an in da city like an all dos really kool city women a going to see how really kool I am wid ma like REALLY KOOOOL iphone , i already got my two mates on my ipone an I hope to ave like loads an loads of new mates when da see my new ipone an when I hav any like bovver at the club I kan kall all my mates an da can kum an help me an that , all I have to do now is figger out how switch theFecking thing on , like really ard all that figging out man.... :? :? :? :?

boggy said:
I got ta ipone an is rally kool man , it has all , I meen all rounded edges, a meen dats a real life saver man , cool an that , fink an all dos kool birds looking to av a go wid ma i pone man kool an that all life savin devises man , I kan call ma mum an ask her all sorts of kool stuf like , how u doining an bring me a cup of tea an all sorts of kool stuf, like man real life saving stuff, Look at dos kool edges on the iphone real kool I live in Londoon an in da city like an all dos really kool city women a going to see how really kool I am wid ma like REALLY KOOOOL iphone , i already got my two mates on my ipone an I hope to ave like loads an loads of new mates when da see my new ipone an when I hav any like bovver at the club I kan kall all my mates an da can kum an help me an that , all I have to do now is figger out how switch theFecking thing on , like really ard all that figging out man.... :? :? :? :?
Cool. I thought the iPhone was shite, but you've changed my mind.

qwerty said:
LOL. Quite happy with mine thanks. Phone now connected to the house wifi network and have used it to make this post.

Have also loaded a couple of DVDs and sh"t loads of music onto it. Sorry, those of you that say that other phones do the same are wrong. However, it is expensive and not for everyone.

So you connected your phone to your wifi to post on a forum? How long did it take? Just as quick as using your keyboard and computer?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you know what - this thread reads like a bunch of tightarrsed whingers who a: resent the success and usability of Apple devices, b: are pished off 'cos they've never been able to afford a Mac, c: are just plain jealous, d: are stuck with cr@ppy Windows machines and hate the fact, e: have never owned a Mac, so don't know what all the fuss is about and last but not least f: er, there is no 'F' unless you count 'fcuk'. :D

oh, and no, I haven't got a desktop Mac, nor am I going to get an Iphone until some bright spark has hacked it.

Yes, I've got a Titanium Powerbook, but I'm also too tight and too skint to buy one - it was given to me for sexual favours rendered.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Biped said:
Do you know what - this thread reads like a bunch of tightarrsed whingers who a: resent the success and usability of Apple devices, b: are pished off 'cos they've never been able to afford a Mac, c: are just plain jealous, d: are stuck with cr@ppy Windows machines and hate the fact, e: have never owned a Mac, so don't know what all the fuss is about and last but not least f: er, there is no 'F' unless you count 'fcuk'. :D

oh, and no, I haven't got a desktop Mac, nor am I going to get an Iphone until some bright spark has hacked it.

Yes, I've got a Titanium Powerbook, but I'm also too tight and too skint to buy one - it was given to me for sexual favours rendered.
I used the original mac back in the late 80s for DTP (as well as hand drawing artwork, you should have seen the scanners in those days, big long drums!!!!!!). My main beef with Apple was that they bought an audio application called 'Logic' which I had purchased for about £500 quid to run on a Windows PC. When they bought the app, they promptly shut down the PC version and I was stuck with no more upgrades :(

That said any serious studio I have ever been in runs Logic as the front end on a Mac...but then that industry is known for having more money than sense...

EX_REME said:
qwerty said:

So you connected your phone to your wifi to post on a forum? How long did it take? Just as quick as using your keyboard and computer?
1. No, my phone detected my wifi and connected automatically. I used it to post as I was still in bed and couldn't be arrsed to get up and go to the PC. Also thought it would be a good test.

2. Not long, will be much quicker when I get used to the keyboard.

3. Probably a tad longer, but I'll be using it when I don't have my PC or lappy around.

Biped said:

Iphone was hacked Months ago by a child, you can now load unautherised apps and change the provider HOWEVER if you ever upgrade the software/firmware/OS the Apple have hinted that your phone will lock for good and you will be left with a £270 paper weight.