iPhone App Issues

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by viceroy, Mar 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I used to be able to view my most recent posts via Latest / Participated / and would see the different posts in order of posting them top - down.

Now I am getting all the threads in which I posted in albhabetical order (as oppose to posts), not very useful. Has this been changed, can I change this back?

Sent from my iPhone using da ARRSE app
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry, but neither BCO nor I have iphones, and to be really irritating Apple won't produce and emulator for windows or linux so I can't even run a mock up. Can anyone else shed any light on this?
  3. Quel horreur! I thought you guys was well rich and that! Thanks for any pointers out there.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

simply vowed not to support the evil empire
  5. Have you attempted to reinstall the app as no problems this end.

Not helpful i know but could be an isolated issue.
  6. I don't use the app very often, so can't say if anything has changed. However, I can see no option for viewing my own posts in a thread, only (in latest > Participated) to view a thread from the most recent unread one. You can change that in More > Thread > Loading Behaviour but not to view your own posts, only "Latest", "First Unread", "Oldest" or "Always Ask Me" (as far as I can see). The First Unread option seems to make sense to me.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We will shortly publish a second iphone app from the same series as the new Android app. I'm trying to find a way to test it first. Maybe that will be an improvement.

8. That did it, i feel like such a cock now! Anyone gonna blow me?
  9. Some odd things happen with the iphone app, generally turning it on and off works or a re-set. Yesterday i'd just got a white screen, re-set and it works fine.
  10. Not the answer i expected from you J, but i can see that my preconceived prejudices about you were entirely misplaced. I feel dirty.