Iphone 4S assistance

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Porridge_gun, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

UK Iphone 4S locked on Orange, x 1
    UK Iphone 4S unlocked x 1

I need to swap the handsets over so that the information and data stored on the Orange handset is moved to the unlocked handset and vice versa. Can this be done via itunes?

I know I am being a thick retard, but Iphones are gay and am clueless how to do it, I cant afford to lose any info off either handset.

I tried to simply unlock the Orange phone but there is apparently a 3 - 7 turn around time on the unlock code and won't be able to attach the handset to itunes after Saturday afternoon.

Cheers for any help
  2. iCloud should back up all your stuff and (I imagine) transfer it to the new handset, I've never tried it with a new phone but have restored my phone after wiping it.
  3. Porridge_gun

Yes but can the itunes back up two handsets, I'll need to store both handsets info at once as I'll need to wipe them prior to installing the other handsets info.
  4. Backup your phone to itunes. Plug the new one in and restore the phone from the back up you've just made. Job done.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Porridge_gun

but can you have two phones backed up?
  6. If you've called the phones different names you can without drama.
  7. you can have up to 5 apple products synced up to 1 account , i synced missus iphone up to daughters ipod account , there is plenty of online help on google type in multi handset iphone sync
  8. I would use 2 pc's each running itunes, back up seperately to be sure. I have 3 iphones and 1 itunes, as a result all 3 phones have same apps. I did not choose to backup contacts, they stay independantly on the phone.

As long as the handsets have different names, and you tell itunes to back up all, you can then select which apps to put on the phones
  9. Wait one. PG is just about to nip out and buy a 2nd PC so he back up his phone.
  10. better than your option of overwriting one. most households have more than 1 pc/laptop nowadays
  11. Read the question properly this time.
  12. And you need to read the FULL question

I cant afford to lose any info off either handset.

So by your method of backing up one over the other, where is the data stored for the overwritten handset?
  13. Are you ******* shitting me?

You back up phone A, then phone B.

You then restore phone B onto phone A, and phone A onto phone B
  14. The backup would overwrite the phones apps, thus deleting the info held on the phone

A would become B and B would become A

the op is after AB phones
  15. no hang on ..you lost me after "are you"