iPhone 3GS iOS6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by SauceDoctor, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

As per title. I have this ****ing thing, and after the update to official iOS6, it won't register the SIM. It was previously unlocked with Sn0wbreeze/Cydia on 5.1.1, but the user (my mate who is a splitarse, so not too much good with technology) updated it through iTunes. Now iTunes tells me that there is no SIM card in the phone I am trying to activate. The SIM is from Orange, the network to which the phone was originally locked. The SIM works, as I have lobbed it into one of my BlackBerrys and it's all good.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks in advance!
  2. I was unofficially informed that anything which is JB & you attempt to update it afterwards would render it pretty much useless as its the phone's firmware that's been modified, unless I stand corrected by our resident Arrse Techies.
  3. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Jail breaking a phone and unlocking it to a network are different though aren't they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This happened to my 3GS and I solved it. Ill ask my mate what he did
  5. SUSSED! Reflashed it with the iPad baseband, now working. What a bloody pain in the arrse. Cheers Beemer, that link is most useful.
  6. Just in case I come across another one, knowing what your pal did may be very useful. Cheers.
  7. Because the 3GS has been previously JB with the ipad baseband (6.15.00) everytime you come to update the iOS you will need to update via Redsn0w or sn0wbreeze with a custom ipsw, to get round this downgrade from the ipad baseband to 5.13.04 baseband.

Full info can be found Downgrade BB

Should just need to use the latest version of redsn0w to achieve this.
  8. Cheers, one for my notes!