IPad2 launched.

No thanks.Mine kept on rebooting,when it felt like it.Often when sending/receiving a call! Blackberry far better IMHO.

I was hoping for USB connection but no mention.

No thanks.Mine kept on rebooting,when it felt like it.Often when sending/receiving a call! Blackberry far better IMHO.
Clean your glasses you blind bugger :)

Posters above are correct.It's an iPhone(mk1).I have not purchased an iPad after my experience with the phone!

Saw an iPad2 tonight. Great graphics, twin cameras worked well for video call. Speaker quaility vey good. No USB but has a cord that fits docking port with a USB on the other end. Page turning is like iPhone when brushing the trackpad.

Also saw a MacAir running OS X Lion. Very nice. Both were my cousin's son's. I could not understand all of the improvements but he loves them. He would not talk about all the details as he did not know what info had been released to the public.

I like the Smart Cover concept and wonder if it'll migrate to the phone and touch? It will however get slagged off a a gimmick no doubt but it does have a certain style about it.

When are the cheaper, better, and pirate software friendly google and other versions coming out?
They already are out with new models coming out all the time. The Motorola Xoom is released soon and should be out for around £350 but there are even cheaper models with the same chipset.

Android Honeycomb is now out and the devs are busy getting ports ready for the other tablets.

Again I am shocked at the lack of connectivity from the iPad. No USB and no HDMI support, shocking.

P

PrinceAlbert

Again I am shocked at the lack of connectivity from the iPad. No USB and no HDMI support, shocking.
Apple are very clever. All Apple hardware connects to other Apple hardware seamlessly, and I assume that they want to keep it that way to promote the purchase of other Apple products.

Still no USB or HDMI, dissappointed to be honest, it looks very nice but the specs are still less than some of the other tablets on the market. I was expecting something a bit more.

you guys are just not getting the apple philosophy. There will never be a USB port, how else do you get folks to pay for the higher prices for the 32 / 64 / 128GB? versions? As expressed on other threads, it is not an accident that apple net about half the profit of the phone/pc sector with only a few percentage points market share. People are happy to pay a premium for a technology that is seemless, does not require you to download patches and other 3rd party software just to get started.

The very reason it does work is the fact that it does NOT have open architecture and apple in essence 'owns' the rights to refuse software if they think it isn't seemless. If you don't like it or it isn't for you because you like to get 'stuck in' write you own software etc etc, don't buy it. As expressed before, I used to spend a lot of time just maintaining my windows machines, I now have almost completely switched to apple (short of this netbook I am currently using to connect to internet through wifi at work), and honestly, I am not bothered to do all the work when I can pay a premium and apple works for me without me having to spend hours in forums looking for solutions uniquie to my hard- and software configuration.

The very reason it does work is the fact that it does NOT have open architecture and apple in essence 'owns' the rights to refuse software if they think it isn't seemless. If you don't like it or it isn't for you because you like to get 'stuck in' write you own software etc etc, don't buy it. As expressed before, I used to spend a lot of time just maintaining my windows machines, I now have almost completely switched to apple (short of this netbook I am currently using to connect to internet through wifi at work), and honestly, I am not bothered to do all the work when I can pay a premium and apple works for me without me having to spend hours in forums looking for solutions uniquie to my hard- and software configuration.
Seconded, I'm happy to pay the premium, i can't be arrsed to dick around with settings, I hated NT and Vista, and I'm not a great gamer. I'm happy to plod on with a PC for homework and it's got enough pirated Bosnian MS Office stuff on it for me to feel like i have got a bargain and cheated the system. I've had windows tablets (Samsung q1 ultra up for grabs if anyone wants to make me an offer) and the iPad knocks spots off all of them. Moreover I haven't the time to invest in alternatives like Linux...

Seconded, I'm happy to pay the premium, i can't be arrsed to dick around with settings, I hated NT and Vista, and I'm not a great gamer. I'm happy to plod on with a PC for homework and it's got enough pirated Bosnian MS Office stuff on it for me to feel like i have got a bargain and cheated the system. I've had windows tablets (Samsung q1 ultra up for grabs if anyone wants to make me an offer) and the iPad knocks spots off all of them. Moreover I haven't the time to invest in alternatives like Linux...
I'm sort of the opposite, though no expert, I enjoy playing about with things on the PC, setting and customisation etc.
Love the look of the apple stuff, but I fear it may frustrate me with its restrictions, though with the advent of Windows 7 and booting now well under 30 secs, I can't see me crossing the divide now.

Surely at some point as ipads and iphones take a larger share of the market, Apple will fall foul of anti-competition rules like Microsoft did?

Surely at some point as ipads and iphones take a larger share of the market, Apple will fall foul of anti-competition rules like Microsoft did?
Not anytime soon. mostly still niche products. Not one of their products is alone in its category, though it either outright invented such categories, such as the iPod, iPhone (somewhat) or made them pleasant and easy to use (iMac, iPad). It is not like others are not trying, they are just not succeeding because they want to be all things to all people (Windows for phones anyone?). The single most convenient feature apart from it never crashing, is the instant access (and not a second delay there) usage of the iPad when it has been off previously for 24hrs; transformed my web experience. I too wish from time to time that not every iThingy and feature was designed about marketing / pricing to maximise their profits, but I can live with it for as long as it works as well as it does.