iPad to LCD TV wireless connectivity

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by beemer007, Mar 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I want to avoid the adaptor/DVI cable set-up if possible, so my question is:

Is a USB type device/setup available that can be plugged into a tv USB port so whatever is on iPad can be duplicated on the tv/monitor in a wireless method?
  2. You never thought of checking Apple?

Airplay does it apparently but thats as technical as I get :)

In conjunction with Apple TV £99, with apple its probably not possible any other way.
  3. I do it through streaming from the iPad via Apple TV
  4. Cheers all for the swift response, I'll check out this AirPlay which sounds what I'm looking for. The Apple tv is just that little white box I presume (which I've seen)?
  5. Thats what it looks like, now I've seen it its what I've been looking for too, the cable was a pain.

However the tight fisted gits don't include the HDMI lead for it, £99 make sure you ask them to wear a mask if you buy it from a shop. :)
  6. Well I might check out amazon or eBay for a box, the tv is a Sony & I was hoping they'd be the technology (cheap) like a USB type dongle to plug into the tv & just operate from the iPad wireless in that fashion & not go to the extent of having to purchase a AirPlay box but might have to.