iPad Problems.

Awol

LE
Can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to use the pigging iCloud? My daughter (now left home) is logging in to her iPhone 6 using the same login details as the whole family. The problem is that whenever she saves a photo or screenshot to her phone, it also saves to my iPad. Not only that, but it is clogging up the iPad's memory and, more importantly, she is saving romantic Snapchat thingys from her boyfriend, hundreds of them. I can't seem to switch off this sharing thing, and I can't tell her what's happening, she'd be mortified with embarrassment.

If I can't stop the sharing, I want to move all the saved photos over to the icloud to preserve them while freeing up several gigs on the iPad. The settings are set such that any photo saved should be automatically uploaded to the cloud but......... how do I get to see what's on the damned cloud? All the instructions tell you how to check how much memory you have left, but nowhere is the obvious..... how to open the cloud to see what's there?

On her phone
go to settings
photos
find icloud sharing option and toggle to turn off

Last edited:
settings
photos/caera ( letter after l not working on latop
Did you just throw some letters at the screen?

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to use the pigging iCloud? My daughter (now left home) is logging in to her iPhone 6 using the same login details as the whole family. The problem is that whenever she saves a photo or screenshot to her phone, it also saves to my iPad. Not only that, but it is clogging up the iPad's memory and, more importantly, she is saving romantic Snapchat thingys from her boyfriend, hundreds of them. I can't seem to switch off this sharing thing, and I can't tell her what's happening, she'd be mortified with embarrassment.

If I can't stop the sharing, I want to move all the saved photos over to the icloud to preserve them while freeing up several gigs on the iPad. The settings are set such that any photo saved should be automatically uploaded to the cloud but......... how do I get to see what's on the damned cloud? All the instructions tell you how to check how much memory you have left, but nowhere is the obvious..... how to open the cloud to see what's there?
Any photos you want to share with us?

Awol

LE
On her phone
go to settings
photos
Ahhhh..... how do I get her to do that (she's in the UK, I'm in France, so I can't to it secretly) without her realising I'm receiving all her screenshots?

Could you get her a iPad and she can have her own account?

Ahhhh..... how do I get her to do that (she's in the UK, I'm in France, so I can't to it secretly) without her realising I'm receiving all her screenshots?
One of us can send her a text

Now I'm confused - you want to see her photos and screenshots?

1. On your iPad go into settings,
2. at the very top where your name is and Apple ID, iCloud etc, click on this,
3 click on family sharing (about 7th line down).
4. You should be able to remove sharing members from there so that you no longer receive cock shots from your daughter’s fella.

i wouldnt tell her about the boyfriend pictures. Are there any other non boyfriend pictures being sent? If so ,just say oh i think a few of your pictures are sharing with the cloud can you turn it off. If she asks which pictures just say the non boyfriend ones. If you do what Dinger says then she cannot have any access to sharing at all ( Itunes etc)

Awol

LE
4. You should be able to remove sharing members from there so that you no longer receive cock shots from your daughter’s fella.
Thanks Dingerr. Actually I'm avoiding looking at the saved screenshots, but those I have seen are innocent and just romantic. Luckily for the boyfriend....

I don’t know how you see what’s actually in your iCloud, all I can see is that there is xGB of photos and other data, but not what it is.

But how do you tell which ones are in your iCloud?

It’s not family sharing, I think he said they share the same login. You need to do it from her phone

PFGEN

GCM
But how do you tell which ones are in your iCloud?
Look at "My Photostream" in Photos. This is not the same as the camera roll. Its possible to delete photos from the camera roll and still have them in the photostream. This frees up memory on your devices but keeps the photos on iCloud. Of course Apple would love you to use up the full 5GB that they offer for free and have you on a paid plan. It pays to go through the lot every now and again and start weeding through the accumulated junk. Other than that I've found that their iCloud works rather well once you get used to it.

Latest Threads